Commanders trade for Carson Wentz - 2022 3rd/2023 3rd (or 2nd)/swap 2nd rounders 2022

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, that's a big point I had thought about in the car and forgot to post.

The fact that none of his old teammates are expressing shock/anger/dismay at him leaving is an eye opener. When you add to it that his QB guru in Frank Reich...who stood on the table a year ago to trade for him (and traded a 1st no less)...is really to cut him loose after just one year? Those are warning klaxons that can be heard for 100s of miles away.

Except for a very tone-deaf organization, as we’ve proven to be since 2000.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, that's a big point I had thought about in the car and forgot to post.

The fact that none of his old teammates are expressing shock/anger/dismay at him leaving (that I have seen) is an eye opener. IIRC none did it when he was traded from the Iggles either. In fact, there was the story about how he got ticked off/jealous at the Iggles doing well after he tore his ACL. That starts the warning bells. When you add to it that his QB guru in Frank Reich...who stood on the table a year ago to trade for him (and traded a 1st no less)...is ready to cut him loose after just one year? Those are emergency klaxons that can be heard for 100s of miles away.

• Like 1

After thinking on this trade, what he cost for this year, plus what it will cost to resign him if he is any good this season.I dont hate it.Not entirely thrilled with the draft capital we lost.But on a 1 year prove it deal,It isnt terrible.You can answer the phone on draft day and recoup the draft capital without moving back to far.I want to see the draft and FA before I decide anything else.I still dont know if I can be a Commander fan(struggling with it)Would have loved Wharthogs. /sigh oh well.

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Thanks. There's one.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see over the next couple of days the comments from the Colts, the players, the WFT coaches, GM's, players etc.

Still have not heard Ron speak about it.

• Like 1

What’s really remarkable about this is a young QB probably would’ve given Rivera more time. As it stands, if Wentz bombs and we’re going into year 4 without a young QB to sell this fanbase he’s pretty much done. Because if you draft a QB in year 4 you’re almost certainly not going to win with him immediately. So Rivera has tied himself to Wentz success here otherwise he’s pretty much done. 

22 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What’s really remarkable about this is a young QB probably would’ve given Rivera more time. As it stands, if Wentz bombs and we’re going into year 4 without a young QB to sell this fanbase he’s pretty much done. Because if you draft a QB in year 4 you’re almost certainly not going to win with him immediately. So Rivera has tied himself to Wentz success here otherwise he’s pretty much done. 

The only thing about that is, who are you going to get that is as good or better than Rivera? Washington has become a pariah in the NFL. Without a ton of money as an incentive, no one is willingly coming here