Browns to trade for QB Deshaun Watson; Agree to new contract (5yr 230M Fully GTD)

AkronsWitness

Just now, Magnifico said:

Ignoring the personal stuff is it really an overpay given the level of play he's shown at the age of 26?

Especially when compared to what the Broncos gave up for  Wilson whose 7 years older (and will be getting a new contract himself).

I thought the Texans would get more tbh.

He think he's talking about the contract

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Well.

Once he's gone I will welcome you back into the rivalry with open arms.

Hug Love GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I survived the move, I probably won’t be back a third time. I don’t have the energy anymore. I’ll just find something else to do. Appreciate it though 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Overpaid in giving him a fully guaranteed deal? Yes.

Overpaid in draft picks/compensation? Don't think so. Rumors were that any team trading for him were gonna have to give up 3 firsts, other picks, along with multiple young talented players. Cleveland not trading any players in return is huge.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I'm with ya man.  I was alive when we won in 1964.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I really don't.

I was around then too and I can tell you I am not pleased at all.  To be polite about it, he is a scumbag. On top of it the Browns got ripped off in what they gave up to get this pervert.  Here's hoping he gets a long suspension. 

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

It’s Deshaun freakin Watson. Did people just forget how good he is? You pay him whatever you have to.

I think they played the media and the whole Cleveland being out was a ploy to try to move Mayfield before everyone knew they had to.

more about the morals than the money. 

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

It’s Deshaun freakin Watson. Did people just forget how good he is? You pay him whatever you have to.

I think they played the media and the whole Cleveland being out was a ploy to try to move Mayfield before everyone knew they had to.

I think you will see very quickly that the problem is the franchise. 

Watson has zero incentive to try, improve his game, etc. He's injury prone, assaults women, and has quit on his team. None of it has mattered and he got the most lucrative deal in NFL history. 

I think we have seen the best from him already. 

• Like 1

The Browns are a joke.

Watson is a good QB, but he's never shown to be a winner or a face-of-the-franchise type, and while a judge cleared him this time around, formally, his particular brand of 'off-the-field issue' doesn't typically exist in a vacuum and God knows who else may accuse him in the near future. To give that kind of guaranteed money and that many picks to one player of his caliber in his particular situation is beyond idiotic -- it's franchise suicidal.

Edited by joru1000