The 2022 Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Do you guys think Keelan Cole can beat out DeMarcus Robinson for the WR2 spot? Honestly I think Robinson is complete trash. Cole isn’t much better, but he’s better.

I expect Cole to be "WR2" but it doesn't really matter that much because Waller, Renfrow, and Adams are the top 3 options so whoever is our "WR2" is really our 4th option. Cole has produced while having some of the worst QB play in the NFL throughout his career, Robinson couldn't produce playing with Reid/Mahomes.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I expect Cole to be "WR2" but it doesn't really matter that much because Waller, Renfrow, and Adams are the top 3 options so whoever is our "WR2" is really our 4th option. Cole has produced while having some of the worst QB play in the NFL throughout his career, Robinson couldn't produce playing with Reid/Mahomes.

Yes he’ll be 4th option, but I’m talking outside WR. I think Cole is a good redzone threat. I think Adams, Waller, and Cole could all be very good redzone threats. Robinson is trash in the redzone. 

I expect Robinson to be 6th in targets behind Cole and Jacobs. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Do you guys think Keelan Cole can beat out DeMarcus Robinson for the WR2 spot? Honestly I think Robinson is complete trash. Cole isn’t much better, but he’s better.

I agree.  I can easily see Cole starting next to Adams, he's faster and has better hands. I also agree that they are both not good as they should be the 4th or 5th WR option on a team with a good WR corp.  

I would like to add WIll Fuller with some of our cap money.  He would put Cole and Robinson in their proper spots as a 4 and 5 WR.  If and it's a big if, if Fuller can stay healthy he would give us one of the best WR corps in the NFL.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree.  I can easily see Cole starting next to Adams, he's faster and has better hands. I also agree that they are both not good as they should be the 4th or 5th WR option on a team with a good WR corp.  

I would like to add WIll Fuller with some of our cap money.  He would put Cole and Robinson in their proper spots as a 4 and 5 WR.  If and it's a big if, if Fuller can stay healthy he would give us one of the best WR corps in the NFL.

We’ve brought in Hollins as well who can be a deep threat as well as being good on ST. I don’t see us going for a WR unless there is an injury. 

29 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

What does everybody think of Abrams lining up 2 deep?

It depends on how they scheme him.  You can be lined up 2 deep and not be responsible for half the field.  He may be 2 deep and have TE responsibility.  Or be blitzing.  Etc.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

What does everybody think of Abrams lining up 2 deep?

We know that's not what really suits him, maybe he can make a fist of it but maybe they just want to see if it's even an option. Harmon is almost ideally suited to that role though IMO so I can see him and Abram rotating depending upon assignment and what the opposition are doing. I don't believe he'll be a success if he's playing that role full time.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 5:23 PM, NYRaider said:

Good still isn't participating in team drills but it looks like the OL will be:

Miller - Parham - James - Good - Leatherwood

As I predicted it makes the most sense Leathwood needs a vet next to him and Parham next to Miller