Deebo Samuel Requests Trade

AFlaccoSeagulls

Count me as someone who doesn't think this has anything to do with him running the ball. The hardest hit I've ever seen him take was by Nick Scott in the NFCCG - and it was a pass attempt. Most of his runs are still getting him in space - so from a "taking hits" perspective, not too different than the screen game for him.

Maybe it's just because he's always destroyed the Rams, but there's not many WRs I would take over him. I would give up more for him than Adams when you factor in age.

There's something were not aware of that's going on.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jets (+450) and Eagles (+1,000) are the two current favorites to be his next team.

I'm still showing the 49ers as the favorite to be his future team on most sites that include the 49ers. 

4 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Count me as someone who doesn't think this has anything to do with him running the ball. The hardest hit I've ever seen him take was by Nick Scott in the NFCCG - and it was a pass attempt. Most of his runs are still getting him in space - so from a "taking hits" perspective, not too different than the screen game for him.

Maybe it's just because he's always destroyed the Rams, but there's not many WRs I would take over him. I would give up more for him than Adams when you factor in age.

There's something were not aware of that's going on.

I've basically thrown out all schefter and ian talk. Pretty sure it's mostly speculation. Darlington breaks the trade but specifically states that Deebo didn't want to get into specifics. Then an hour later there are problems with usage and problems with his geography? It's fun to speculate and talk about, and there is certainly a possibility there may be some truth to it (though deebo has admonished the subsequent reporting multiple times since), but I still just think that the most likely issue here is money. 

• Like 1

He gets a lot of easy manufactured receptions, but Deebo can definitely run some sweet routes if need be. Aiyuk might put up similar numbers without Deebo there, if he can stay healthy and out of the dog house, but Deebo definitely a better route runner than Aiyuk and probably top 15 in the NFL. I think w/e he ends up, he'll be good as long as the QB is Jimmy G quality or better. He's not coming to Philly and getting 1300 yards and 8 td's, but he could do that with just about any team that employs a QB capable of throwing for at least 3800 yards.

Edited by Jeezla

15 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Jeezla's hate for Hurts

Vs

Matts love for Dak

Cage match of the Century,  who wins?

I like Hurts, just don't think he's a good QB. He's certainly not doing any WR's any favors with regards to their receiving stats.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

FWIW, if Deebo isn't on another team by next Friday, IMO he's not going anywhere this year.   The CBA pretty much makes it impossible for him to hold out with only 3 years of service time - and with the 49ers not owning their 2023 pick, there's no way they're dealing Deebo unless it's right now, for assets that can help them immediately for 2022.   Trading for 2023 picks as the main haul doesn't help them this year, and given how the team's built, dealing Deebo only makes sense if you can help the team now (and dealing for 2023 picks makes little sense, especially since you have no idea where those picks land value-wise - and you have to wait that extra year).   

For any other player with 4+ years service time, a holdout is real leverage.  But not for players with 3 or less.   Don't show up to the first mandatory offseason event - your service year is forfeit - and the 49ers hold your rights for another RFA year.  Even if said player returns later in offseason.   If they had 4+ years, big deal, you only need 4 to enter FA once your contract expires.   But in Deebo (and AJB & Metcalf's case) - they can posture, drop all IG content - but in the end, they're reporting on time.

Now, if a team wants to blow SF away on/before Draft Night starts, I'm sure they'll listen.  But the deadline IMO is Day 1 draft night.   After that, I'd bank on him being a 49er for 2022, because after Day 1, the incentive for SF to deal him this year goes way down, and the leverage for Deebo disappears completely.  Next offseason, different story, but before ppl go crazy about putting so much $ on Deebo's next-team destination, keep the above in mind.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW, if Deebo isn't on another team by next Friday, IMO he's not going anywhere this year.   The CBA pretty much makes it impossible for him to hold out with only 3 years of service time - and with the 49ers not owning their 2023 pick, there's no way they're dealing Deebo unless it's right now, for assets that can help them immediately for 2022.   Trading for 2023 picks as the main haul doesn't help them this year, and given how the team's built, dealing Deebo only makes sense if you can help the team now (and dealing for 2023 picks makes little sense, especially since you have no idea where those picks land value-wise - and you have to wait that extra year).   

For any other player with 4+ years service time, a holdout is real leverage.  But not for players with 3 or less.   Don't show up to the first mandatory offseason event - your service year is forfeit - and the 49ers hold your rights for another RFA year.  Even if said player returns later in offseason.   If they had 4+ years, big deal, you only need 4 to enter FA once your contract expires.   But in Deebo (and AJB & Metcalf's case) - they can posture, drop all IG content - but in the end, they're reporting on time.

Now, if a team wants to blow SF away on/before Draft Night starts, I'm sure they'll listen.  But the deadline IMO is Day 1 draft night.   After that, I'd bank on him being a 49er for 2022, because after Day 1, the incentive for SF to deal him this year goes way down, and the leverage for Deebo disappears completely.  Next offseason, different story, but before ppl go crazy about putting so much $ on Deebo's next-team destination, keep the above in mind.

Correct. This  will basically put to bed by this time next week. 

I'm fine with either end result. I get it from both sides. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

Very interesting

I must be missing something. 

If there’s any truth to that, Debo’s coming off pretty jaded here. Can’t imagine the handful of carries/game really jilted him that badly?