Deebo Samuel Requests Trade

AFlaccoSeagulls

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Which one player from this draft would you trade Deebo Samuel straight up for? I honestly cant think of one. 

Williams, Wilson, Olave, maybe London. I get that Deebo had an amazing year - but health, scheme, and having to pay him are legit concerns that would make a promising rookie more enticing for me.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

To be honest, unless they flip #10 for multiple picks next year and down the road, that's not great "value" for a bonafide superstar. You could hope that you hit on the pick, but I think too much value is put on individual picks sometimes. This is a good example of that IMO. 

Which one player from this draft would you trade Deebo Samuel straight up for? I honestly cant think of one. 

Define bonafide superstar? The guy is apparently unwilling to continue utilize half of his skill set, has shown to be prone to injury, has had a limited track record for success,played in a scheme specifically tailored to his skill set, and will want 30m per year.

Let's not pretend there are no risks being assumed by the team trading for him. As I've mentioned previously, this is a perfect sell high situation for the 49ers. 

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

Williams, Wilson, Olave, maybe London. I get that Deebo had an amazing year - but health, scheme, and having to pay him are legit concerns that would make a promising rookie more enticing for me.

I absolutely think there is "promise" from those 4 wide receivers. I think we all can agree (hopefully) that Deebo Samuel is a top 10 WR. Which of those guys are coming in and claiming that high of praise. Anything short of that has to be an L for the 9ers on the trade front, right? 

34 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Define bonafide superstar? The guy is apparently unwilling to continue utilize half of his skill set, has shown to be prone to injury, has had a limited track record for success,played in a scheme specifically tailored to his skill set, and will want 30m per year.

Let's not pretend there are no risks being assumed by the team trading for him. As I've mentioned previously, this is a perfect sell high situation for the 49ers. 

They guy is a difference maker in every game he plays. He is someone who is game planned for. He is a true #1 WR. 

I have heard nothing from Deebo saying he doesnt want to "utilize half his skill set", that sounds like pure speculation to me. Playing in a Scheme specifically tailored to his skill set is a cop out to me. I would argue that Deebo forced Shanny to adjust because of what he could do and not the other way around. 

The injury situation is a fair point and anyone who trades, drafts or signs any player has to do their homework on a player and their injury history, but to me, I think he is worthy of a good sized pay raise (probably not 30m/year (not sure where that number came from)) and he is absolutely someone you build an offense around. 

44 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I absolutely think there is "promise" from those 4 wide receivers. I think we all can agree (hopefully) that Deebo Samuel is a top 10 WR. Which of those guys are coming in and claiming that high of praise. Anything short of that has to be an L for the 9ers on the trade front, right? 

Not at all. A significant part of the value of draft picks is the low cost. The #10 pick in the draft will sign for about 5 million a season (Smith signed 4/20 last year). Deebo will make more than that entire contract in a single year. That money can then be used on free agents, not losing your own free agents, etc. Even as a one for one trade, it's not a one for one trade because the money plays such a prominent role. Having a guy come in and being a competent / good receiver at that cost is very valuable. 

They do have to hit on the pick though, they just don't have to get Deebo back with it. 

50 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I have heard nothing from Deebo saying he doesnt want to "utilize half his skill set", that sounds like pure speculation to me. Playing in a Scheme specifically tailored to his skill set is a cop out to me. I would argue that Deebo forced Shanny to adjust because of what he could do and not the other way around. 

I wouldn't put any real weight into the reports about his usage. It could be true, but Jeff Darlington is the one person who actually spoke with Deebo and he stated that Deebo wouldn't get into specifics. An hour later, Rap was saying it was usage and Schefter was saying Geography. Deebo has hopped in a couple of times to say that it's reporters jobs to make up stories and that the only people who knew what was going on he, his agent and the 49ers. 

I've said it before, I still believe it's a money issue and for that reason I still think it's likely that it gets worked out and he's a 49er

18 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The question is, how dug in are his heels about not playing for them? 

Money seems to solve all problems. Hopefully they get on the same page. 

I mean, I'll play for 20 million in the wide back role for 20 million of Deebo wont.

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think its fair to say that there's a strong possibility that he's not going anywhere. 

I think its fair to say that schefturd is a turd...a paid mouthpiece on behalf of others. He trades tweets like this for access  Drawing any conclusions from the excrement he excreted is silly

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 1

Just now, Shanedorf said:

I think its fair to say that schefturd is a turd...a paid mouthpiece on behalf of others. He trades tweets like this for access  Drawing any conclusions from the excrement he excreted is silly

He may be the mouthpiece of the 49ers in this instance though lol 

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

In this year's draft, I'd value those 3 picks over just #10 overall. Would 10 overall straight up even get it done then? Doesn't sound like it.

So would I.

I'm not sure if 10 alone would be enough or not. Could be the Jets are keeping it off the table, no idea. But the two packages are very close in overall trade value.