2022 Draft Thread

bMiller031

4 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

RAS? Check. 4-star, top 200 recruit coming out of high school. Position of need. This very much adds up. I like it a lot.

Wow!!! I only put some stock in analytics - a good scout can identify a good football player regardless of data - but that is impressive. 

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I know George wants to get another CB, for you guys who are tracking the prospects closer than I am, anyone stand out at 75? 

Marcus Jones is probably my favorite still available. Small but really good and maybe the best returner in the draft to boot. There's also Tariq Woolen, tall/speedy corner.

JAX just took a 2nd ILB.   Neither named Nakobi Dean.   That’s nuts.   

Totally behind Dean at 75 if he’s there.   Or moving up from 96 if Paton goes elsewhere.    Unless it’s more serious than pec injury should be all over it.  No way BAL would let him fall further right? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

JAX just took a 2nd ILB.   Neither named Nakobi Dean.   That’s nuts.   

Totally behind Dean at 75 if he’s there.   Or moving up from 96 if Paton goes elsewhere.    Unless it’s more serious than pec injury should be all over it.  No way BAL would let him fall further right? 

So Baalke made a bad draft pick. Color me shocked. 

8 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I know George wants to get another CB, for you guys who are tracking the prospects closer than I am, anyone stand out at 75? 

Not exactly draft related but I met Bryce Callahan this week and didn’t sound like he was going to be staying in Denver since he was going to be moving. So CB definitely has to be a need.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

He's popular but I don't care for him. He's just so small. 

Yeah I just watched a short YouTube on him and the first thing that came to mind was CHJ. That’s unfair as CHJ is a Ring of Famer but I see some similarities. And as someone who was an smaller than ideal CB in high school (I know, know), I do know the position well. 

The crazy part is he’s not even the biggest problem.   Owner Khan meddles far too much.   Probably why Baalke was a guy he hired.   A good GM would be nuts to let Khan interfere as much as he does.   

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

The crazy part is he’s not even the biggest problem.   Owner Khan meddles far too much.   Probably why Baalke was a guy he hired.   A good GM would be nuts to let Khan interfere as much as he does.   

I heard the opposite is true this year - that Kahn turned it all over to Baalke/Pederson - and Baalke always goes for flash/potential over proven production. 

On the contrary, I quite like their draft so far. I’d have gone Hutchinson over Walker at 1.1, but I get it. And Devin Lloyd, Luke Fortner, and Chad Muma are all good picks at their spots. Three LB/EDGE guys this early might be a bit overkill, but at the same time, just get talented players and let them work it out.