2022 Draft Thread

bMiller031

3 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Today I’d really be interested in snagging Araiza. I’d like to say Howell too (I think he’s better than he’s gotten credit for) but there’s other needs. 

Zyon McCollum would make a great fit at CB. Faalele at RT would also be fun, especially since he wouldn’t have to start immediately. 

Honestly a decent backup QB who’s cheap is good if you’re paying day 3 prices.  Howell appeals for several reasons.   First is the talent is actually there.  Second is that he’d likely let the O play identically to Russ given size / mobility / arm strength.   And it’s much better insurance if Russ gets hurt.  Why he’d be a better fit than Strong IMO.  

At 115-116 it’s totally justifiable for the above.    Not like many needs will get met with sure commodities, not likely.  I won’t lose any sleep if Paton passes on him but it’s actually a strong move if we go there.   Rd1 was very iffy to outright awful to have to spend on QB this draft.  Rd4 it’s totally justifiable. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

There is a backlog of talent here due to extra eligibility and the sheer volume of players this season. Paton was wise to get extra picks today. Just a few players I wouldn’t mind seeing today.

-Brandon Smith LB Penn St

-Joshua Williams CB Fayetteville State

-Braxton Jones T Sothern Utah

-Matt Waletzko T North Dakota

-Zach Tom OL Wake Forest 

-Dhonovan West C Arizona State

-Damarri Mathis CB Pitt

-DMarco Jackson LB App St  

-Alec Lindstrom C Boston College

-Chase Lucas CB Arizona State

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Honestly a decent backup who’s cheap is good if you’re paying day 3 prices.  Howell appeals for several reasons.   First is the talent is actually there.  Second is that he’d likely let the O play identically to Russ given size / mobility / arm strength.   And it’s much better insurance if Russ gets hurt.  Why he’d be a better fit than Strong IMO.  

At 115-116 it’s totally justifiable for the above.    Not like many needs will get met with sure commodities, not likely.  I won’t lose any sleep if Paton passes on him but it’s actually a strong move if we go there.   Rd1 was very iffy to outright awful to have to spend on QB this draft.  Rd4 it’s totally justifiable. 

I’d be all over Howell in rd 4. Grea long term back up for Wilson, and if he pops, you flip him for a 2nd in 2-3 years.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

I’d be all over Howell in rd 4. Grea long term back up for Wilson, and if he pops, you flip him for a 2nd in 2-3 years.  

He might only need to play 2-3 games to become appealing too.  So at Rd4 imo I thought he was the 2nd best guy to take ceiling wise and was more pro ready.   Realizing that there wasn’t a 1st round talent there.  

Again I won’t lose sleep if we pass but the value opp is really good here imo. 

Edited by Broncofan

Mathis is a very good db when he can stay healthy, but man he’s had some injury issues. If they can keep him on the field, this is a great pick. He’s allowed the 3rd lowest completion percentage in primary coverage since 2019. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

At this point, I’d be happy to trade up for Howell.  A hell of a value at this point, and having a. Good, cheap back up QB that firs the scheme is invaluable 

There has to be some other flag for him to go even after Zappe.  

Imagine teams telling Willis & Corral enough to have them sit in the green room thinking they’d go Rd1 - and then have to wait until Rd3 to get picked.   Ouch. 

Edited by Broncofan