Vikings Select Lewis Cine Safety Georgia at #32

gopherwrestler

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

All the interviews from KAM and KOC talk about versatility and how valuable it is to have a player like Cine that can do many things. 

Definitely an interesting outlook as we try to figure out what the team will look like this season

I'm willing to give him a shot, his true value has yet to be.....Cine.  😎

• Like 1

I have literally never seen either play a single snap, but you gotta wonder why the media had Hamilton graded consistently higher than Cine when PFF graded Cine higher in almost every category. 

Kwesi gambling hard on analytics over old school methods.

• Like 1

I can dig it. elite athlete at the safety position who can develop into a complete safety in the NFL.

Our secondary needed work so pairing him with Bynum gives us an exciting young back end. if KAM pairs this pick with Andrew Booth at the top of the 2nd it'll make the pick even better.

Yeah we could have gotten a little extra value on the trade back but we are now in position to take another player with a first round grade at the top of the 2nd round (or secure more draft capital from a QB needy team who wants to jump in front of the Texans/Titans for Malik Willis)

Edited by viking
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Interesting seeing your response, I feel like the trade down was missing an entire round of a pick, should have got a 2nd not a 3rd.

I would've been happy with a future 2nd, not a 3rd this year.

I get Madeiu Williams vibes from Cine...those aren't good vibes.

Lewis Cine?  Honestly not a huge fan of this because I would rather have Kyle Hamilton who was a better more consistent player over a longer period of time and if Hamilton was not hurt the past two years on and off he would have been a top 5 pick.  What because Cine had a fast 40 and Hamilton did not Cine is better?

Sure Cine played great at times last year but arguably his best game of his entire career was his last game against Bama in the title game.  Really showed up in that one but look three years ago not sure you would notice him much on Georgia and the year after that he was just average I would say.  This year was his best year but it was a great group and he was supported and looked better than he is because the talent around him potentially.  Maybe he is just coming into his own but two INTs in three years is nothing great for a dude apparently as fast as he is.  Good hitter is nice but to pass on Kyle Hamilton/Jordan Davis/Jameson Williams for Lewis Cine seems like a massive mistake.

All three of those dudes are better than Cine, seems like they did it because they cannot pay his contract easily of a guy drafted #12 overall and traded down to get a cheaper contract.  That is what it seems like because outside of that it does not make much sense, much less giving up a pick in the mix and trading two picks for three picks seems pretty nuts especially dropping so far down in the 1st.  

Maybe they will get a CB early 2nd and help, I would be ok with any of these guys and surprised they did not take McCreary in the 1st because CB is a bigger need.  

Roger McCreary Auburn SR CB
Cam Taylor-Britt Nebraska SR CB  
Andrew Booth Jr Clemson JR CB
Zyon McCollum Sam Houston State SR CB
Tariq Woolen UTSA RS SR CB

Or a great NT like Jones I would not mind either.

Travis Jones UCONN JR NT

Would be pretty damn nice to have two 2nd round picks and not just one, odd that other one was thrown into the deal.  

PS Daxton Hill is a way better player than Lewis Cine and that sucks the Bengals got him right ahead of the Vikings, hell he could play corner also and is overall a far better player that is way more proven than Cine was.  

Best part about the draft is Green Bay and baby Rodgers missed out on basically all the top WRs.  Granted they could get David Bell in the 2nd or Metchie or some other guys like Christian Watson who would work but all are a notch below the guys picked already so that is great.  

Also Quay Walker is a good pick and way better than what they had there at ILB but is a bit of a reach potentially considering where he was pick but was drafted based on his measurables and same can be said for Travon Walker and Jordan Davis even, Wyatt hell probably Lewis Cine as well.  So whoever is the strength guy in Georgia or the pre draft prep guy they should get paid more because all benefited greatly from great times at the combine.  

With Wyatt and his character issues, that is a concern also, and honestly not sure many knew who he was two years ago so he is a late bloomer for sure.