Round 7 Pick 249; Rasheed Walker, OT Penn State

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

So if Gute is hitting on guys like Walker on top of everything else

oof

he might be the best drafting GM in the league right now

But Joe Douglas nailed the #4 and #10 pick in the same draft!

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

So if Gute is hitting on guys like Walker on top of everything else

oof

he might be the best drafting GM in the league right now

So, the really cagey aspect of Gute is that he is good—seemingly—at stacking his picks so that he gets what he wants.

Walker, Wyatt, and Watson. We might not have gotten all three with a different order. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

So, the really cagey aspect of Gute is that he is good—seemingly—at stacking his picks so that he gets what he wants.

Walker, Wyatt, and Watson. We might not have gotten all three with a different order. 

whoa. wild.

6 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I saw him whiff on a run or two....away from him.  And get to the second level to do nothing as well.

But only a time or two.  And I watch o-line play.

I thought his pass protection was about as good as you could expect.  And while I saw some misses in the run game, I wouldn't put him as a minus, either.

Dude looked the part of a quality LT in the league.   

Makes keeping Bakhtiari in 2024 a tough one at the cost given the play of Walker and Tom 

16 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Makes keeping Bakhtiari in 2024 a tough one at the cost given the play of Walker and Tom 

What sucks is that you'd like to keep him because you can never have enough quality OL, but it's clear at his age + the knee issues that Bak just isn't the guy for the long-term moving forward. Dude is still a stud when he plays, but at this point IDK if you can justify benching Walker to open next season while having Bak back at LT. Walker, like a ton of the other young guys on offense, has improved as the year has gone on.

50 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

These two dudes have really taken the second-year leap IMO. Watson, when he's on the, healthy, tilts the defense towards him. 

30 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

What sucks is that you'd like to keep him because you can never have enough quality OL, but it's clear at his age + the knee issues that Bak just isn't the guy for the long-term moving forward. Dude is still a stud when he plays, but at this point IDK if you can justify benching Walker to open next season while having Bak back at LT. Walker, like a ton of the other young guys on offense, has improved as the year has gone on.

Agree.   And i would anticipate GB drafting an OT and IOL regardless. 

Walker / Jenkins / Myers / Rhyan / Tom 

Newman and a bunch of PS guys are what is under contract for 24 if Bakhtiari is not retained

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

You sound like someone who hasn't had much good beer.

I think I'm just an alcoholic that has been through the beers and realized that stouts and nitros just don't lend themselves to the quantity I want to consume lol.

I also just disagree with people about beer a lot, and have worked at a pretty established brewery (O'dells).

Edited by oldmansmell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

I don't know how you keep Bak either because Walker has to ask to be traded in that scenario. After next year. if he continues to improve, he gets to cash in big time. I don't know what that is, but somebody suggested 15 a year, which is cheap for a LT. Could he get 20 or more? That would start to get into the elite category. No agent would let him take the field with life changing money on the line for him and his family.