Grade the Packers Draft

Old Guy

Grade the Packers draft  

109 members have voted

1. 1. OK the pickin' is done! How'd we do in your opinion?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

5 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Norm, you are the single worst poster on this forum. Someday you will wake up and realize how much of your life you wasted on here with your cancerous tribalism immaturity that stops anyone who used to post original content from wanting to be here. 

Lol. Tribalism, aka a guy with horrible ******* takes gets mad when everyone calls him out for then and finds someone to blame.

Look in the mirror. Your takes are always trash. It isn't a conspiracy, it's just you.

If it's stuff like that I'm "stopping" from getting posted, then I'm probably the most useful poster here. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

Lol. Tribalism, aka a guy with horrible ******* takes gets mad when everyone calls him out for them and finds someone to blame.

Look in the mirror. Your takes are always trash. It isn't a conspiracy, it's just you.

It’s obvious as a dogs balls this forum is 95% trash and 5% adults ignoring people like you that poison the well. 

12 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lol. Tribalism, aka a guy with horrible ******* takes gets mad when everyone calls him out for then and finds someone to blame.

If it's stuff like that I'm "stopping" from getting posted, then I'm probably the most useful poster here. 

Yea you are master keyboard warrior to a website nearly no one knows exists and any adult that would be interested in reading would immediately be turned off and away by the 95% **** post rate you all keep around here. It’s like reading the comments section of pro football talk. Glad you know what a big part of it you are.

35 minutes ago, cannondale said:

So the Ravens draft a Safety at #14 and a Center at #25 and fans and media are unanimous in saying that they had the best draft in history. The Packers take an ILB at #22 and a DL at #28 and they did it wrong. Interesting.

To be fair C and S were the only two positions with a clear cut no.1 guy. And ILB is the least valuable position among those.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

To be fair C and S were the only two positions with a clear cut no.1 guy. And ILB is the least valuable position among those.

I’m not so sure about your last sentence being so correct anymore. The ILB position, over the past few years, at least in the free agent market, has had a marked increase in demand.

Now I wouldn’t put it as important as Edge, or Corner, or OT…but I’d argue having a great ILB is as important as it has been in 20 years.

Personally, I think it’s as important or more than C, S, RB, TE and maybe even OG.

The Bucs have two, the niners have great ILB play, the Bears have been solid there, the Seahawks did for a while…the idea of the Packers having that absolutely makes me salivate. Makes me salivate much more than it would to have great safeties or interior offensive lineman.

Edited by n8ghee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VonKarman said:

How can you say that after Devondre Campbell transformed the defense ? Savage certainly didn't. Gute was so impressed he went back to the well with Walker. Not difficult dots to connect.

10 hours ago, Norm said:

I'm hoping this is referencing Cam... And not Chris Leak. Or lolol Brantley. Also Cam was third string behind that bum.

I get people are annoyed by Tim and he sucked really bad in the pros and he was absolutely surrounded by talent, but so have a ton of other dudes, especially lately and they don't get ten percent of the **** over it 

Sadly, TT should have never went pro. It ruined his college legacy and everyone thinks he sucked and was I guess the same as a ****ty *** QB in the MVFC.

There's polls right after he declared for the draft that had him top three all time, which is probably too much, and then after he was bad in the NFL they did one and he didn't hit the top 25. 

Tim Tebow was a winner whose talent wasn't enough for the NFL. I don't know where he should fall in his overall rating of college QB's but players tend to rank higher right after their career. After some time they usually wind up about where they belong. 

There are people who love Tebow who will rate him higher. There are people who hate Tebow and will rank him lower than he deserves. He's more polarizing so those in his camp are adamant, just as those who hate him. 

I really don't get the anger towards the guy because he's such a decent human being. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

I love this draft so much. I can’t stop rosterbating.

There are gonna be some heartbreaking roster cuts, I’m afraid.

Still light a 4th CB and a 4th EDGE. That is if we can count on Garvin as the 3rd EDGE. I'm not sold on the rookie Enagbare for much this year. 

So, what would your too-early takes on which NFC North team had the best draft ?

Neutrals might think it was Minnesota (who often win the most-improved awards before the season starts). Personally, I preferred Green Bays draft overall, though I admit Minny filled their roster holes well.

I though Detroit had an excellent draft (and I loved their draft last year as well). They'd probably be my no.1 but they did have the advantage of very early picks.

Chicago, well, meh. It did them no favours to be without their first round pick.

So I'd go, in order, Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota (who I thought all did well), then Chicago.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

18 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

In all fairness if someone posted a mock 3 months ago that went exactly like the draft did there is absolutely ZERO chance it would have been well received and you can't convince me otherwise.

Arguably the best WR in the league and a second for an ILB and an FCS wide receiver is a trade 99% of this board would crap all over if it was any other team.

I gave it the C. I hate it other than the OL picks.

I am in the minority, but I think Rodgers plays better without Adams on the field. He spreads the ball around and looks for the open WR. I do believe Adams is the best and the AR/DA combo was the best in the NFL, but our passing game will actually be about the same with the loss of Adams.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

It’s obvious as a dogs balls this forum is 95% trash and 5% adults ignoring people like you that poison the well. 

LOL .. dogs balls, must be a big dog?  Thinking you don't like anybody disagreeing with your thoughts; that's to bad.  I enjoy the 95% trash on this forum - it was a long winter in Wisconsin.   

• Like 1