Grade the Packers Draft

Old Guy

Grade the Packers draft  

109 members have voted

1. 1. OK the pickin' is done! How'd we do in your opinion?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

We’re talking FCS to NFL. You guys think his speed is enough for separation at this level? It’s an FCS coaching staff. The best player they’ve produced is Carson Wentz. He only went over 100 yards 4 times in his two healthy years sandwiching an injury season. Panic button got smacked. Ted would be so disappointed.

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

He's 24. Like the player. Like the fit. Dislike drafting 24 year olds. 

They could draft a 22 year old and you could wait 2 years to see if he hits

You don't want to draft 24 year old rookies but are fine paying 30 year old WR at 4 years $30m per ?

Edited by cannondale

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

They could draft a 22 year old and you could wait 2 years to see if he hits

The concept is that younger projects are still developing, so if they were dominant already then they might take the leap to the NFL easier since they can expect to keep growing for their position. 

I'm all for Wyatt though since DTs keep developing until 26 or 27. Kenny Clark is about to enter his prime, for example.  

22 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

We’re talking FCS to NFL. You guys think his speed is enough for separation at this level? It’s an FCS coaching staff. The best player they’ve produced is Carson Wentz. He only went over 100 yards 4 times in his two healthy years sandwiching an injury season. Panic button got smacked. Ted would be so disappointed.

yeah Cooper Kupp sucks

22 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

4.32 isn't fast enough?  Oh boy. They threw the ball 15 times a game on average. Relax big guy

• Like 3

Just now, PackFan13 said:

4.32 isn't fast enough?  Oh boy. They threw the ball 15 times a game on average. Relax big guy

"FCS coaching staff" who can't produce anything got him to 4.32. imagine how fast he'll be with an NFL one!!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

You can tell how fast a guy moves regardless of competition. Out of all the things you could question about Watson, its his speed? idk about that one chief.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

not to mention, a WR who was an MVP candidate came from...the FCS

He's talking out his ***.

Box score scouting from a guy who hasn't watched three FCS games in his life, who didn't have this dude on his radar and wanted someone else and is having a wee bit of a tantrum over it now.

• Like 3

Like, the reasons NDSU wasn't throwing the ball much last year were:

- They really didn't need to (they attempted 13 passes in the championship game and won 38-10)
- NDSU really didn't have a QB worth a darn.

Like Percy Harvin was a really good NFL player, and having had Tebow as his QB in college (so he caught 40 passes the whole season) didn't prevent that.

7 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

You can tell how fast a guy moves regardless of competition. Out of all the things you could question about Watson, its his speed? idk about that one chief.

My biggest concern with Watson isnt his speed...it's his hands. We might see more passes than we'd like "clank" off his hands. Hope not...but I'm allowing for it....till he gets coached up / worked up and his hands are turned into muscle bound clamps and he's receiving the ball ala Davante and Randall.  

I'm not foolish enough to think my opinion matters or makes them facts.

I'm just saying that I find it odd that Gute went against the grain on a lot of things this board and the Packers front office has held fast to previously and it surprises me everyone else seemingly is super happy with it. That's all. 

18 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

- They really didn't need to (they attempted 13 passes in the championship game and won 38-10)

Like Percy Harvin was a really good NFL player, and having had Tebow as his QB in college (so he caught 40 passes the whole season) didn't prevent that.

Don't you bring college Tebow into this you bastard!

Also Harvin was used on running plays like all the damn time. It wasn't like they were scared to Tim throw.

We're talking about backer end FCS QB talents versus a top all time CFB player.

Anyways, I understand your point but I will not stand for college TT blasphemy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I'm not foolish enough to think my opinion matters or makes them facts.

I'm just saying that I find it odd that Gute went against the grain on a lot of things this board and the Packers front office has held fast to previously and it surprises me everyone else seemingly is super happy with it. That's all. 

What are we talking about here exactly?

19 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Woe back there big horse with the Tebow slander, he was one of the finest footballer to ever snap a chinstrap in college football history. 😋 

• Like 1