2023 Draftable players

csp911

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Will Anderson Jr had 31 tackles for loss and 17.5 sacks last year as a true sophomore in one season, and should be even better next year with arguably more talent around him and a much improved edge rusher in Dallas Turner not to mention a ton of returning DL in Eboigbe, Dale, Young and Smith.  Oh and a improved secondary as well with Battle back and Hellams, Kool-Aid returning and Jackson and the addition of Ricks not to mention Branch back and Moore back off injury which is huge.  

Sure Stroud is in the conversation as is Bryce Young but unless Will Anderson Jr totally sucks next year, he should be the best player in the country and potential #1 pick because I would assume he would be better than he was last year not worse especially with the drive and motor he has coming off that loss in the National Title game.  

With Stroud, Jaxon Smith-Njigba and Jones the Buckeyes could easily have 3 top 10 picks though.   Jones would have to improve but with how great he is as an athlete no reason he should not be a 1st round pick.  

It will be interesting to watch, of course on the surface, he should be better but he will also be the subject of every team's game plan as well. Every team he is going to play will sell out to stop him, much like how teams did Joey Bosa and Chase Young. It will be interesting to see how he/Alabama navigates around this. If I were in the betting game, I would bet a breakout season from Dallas Turner. Not saying he will have a down year either, I remember vividly Joey Bosa getting triple teamed and still having a significant impact on the game.

My reasoning for having Stroud up there is because of Jim Knowles, if he proves to be as elite as he was as OkST, that will mean more possessions of the ball. More possessions of the ball mean more opportunity for points/stats. He could have a historic season if things all line up right, if he has a historic season, it will be hard for anyone to deny him. Just a thought....

Love me some TE, so look out for...

- Michael Mayer (I mean, describe a Tight End. Looks like this right?)

michael-mayer.png

9590079.jpg

Great catcher in traffic, can go up and get it too. Decent after the catch, has routes. Needs to improve blocking though if he's going to go early. Predicted in the top 2 rounds currently, but I think he may rise.

- Cameron Latu is similarly prototypical. Reliable catcher and good burst

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Love me some TE, so look out for...

- Michael Mayer (I mean, describe a Tight End. Looks like this right?)

michael-mayer.png

9590079.jpg

Great catcher in traffic, can go up and get it too. Decent after the catch, has routes. Needs to improve blocking though if he's going to go early. Predicted in the top 2 rounds currently, but I think he may rise.

- Cameron Latu is similarly prototypical. Reliable catcher and good burst

Already seeing Mayer to Bengals in rd 1 mocks for next year.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 8:39 AM, THE DUKE said:

Harrison lacks "it".  The fire that makes someone like a Bosa or a Chase Young a game wrecker.  Harrison is as good or a better athlete than any of them.  Just not nearly as good a football player.

If you can’t develop and produce with Larry Johnson as your coach, you’re off of my board to be honest.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2022 at 11:08 AM, SaveOurSonics said:

What're the odds someone could find a similar thread from this time a year ago? I'd be super interested in seeing who people were high on that fell off. 

Pretty sure @Ozzy was on it pretty early.