2022 Around league

dll2000

17 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Good for Roquan...in that scheme is a quality player...just wasn't a fit here and especially not for $100 million...huge win for Poles not caving into those demands when it would have been a far easier sell to most Bears fans to pay the guy who for the previous 3 years had clearly been our best player.

It would have been cool to see what a healthy Smith and a healthy Sanborn looked like together at Will and Mike respectively.

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It would have been cool to see what a healthy Smith and a healthy Sanborn looked like together at Will and Mike respectively.

As crazy as it sounds I don’t think it would have mattered who was at MLB…Roquan just didn’t fit that WILL spot.

39 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Derek Carr bids Vegas a farewell... he's going to be a viable option for one of these QB needy teams. Where do we prefer him to go? Definitely not Houston. Maybe Carolina?

I assume he’d be in line for another starting gig. But the best situation for him to me might be Miami. He’d be the most competent backup in the league that might not even spend a whole lot of time on the sideline, with Tua’s stacking health bill. If somehow the Ravens parted with Jackson, he fits that scrambler role seamlessly. Colts are notorious for taking old washed qbs. Seahawks could be an option if they don’t actually believe in Geno beyond this season (fluke?). Then of course NYJ. A lot of his future is riding on the decisions of the top teams in the draft. 

22 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I assume he’d be in line for another starting gig. But the best situation for him to me might be Miami. He’d be the most competent backup in the league that might not even spend a whole lot of time on the sideline, with Tua’s stacking health bill. If somehow the Ravens parted with Jackson, he fits that scrambler role seamlessly. Colts are notorious for taking old washed qbs. Seahawks could be an option if they don’t actually believe in Geno beyond this season (fluke?). Then of course NYJ. A lot of his future is riding on the decisions of the top teams in the draft. 

Colts would make a lot of sense. I do wonder if Ballard wants to tie himself to another veteran QB. He has to know he's running out of time. Going for a rookie might buy him some more time to right the ship.

Irsay might prefer a rookie as well. As a Bears fan I don't want them to get Carr.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Carr isn't going anywhere to be a back up. Jets, Saints or Ravens (if Jackson leave) make sense. He'd probably want to go somewhere with a decent or good roster. Green Bay could be in play too if Rodgers leaves

Idk if this has been brought up yet, but does anyone else find Ballards comments about moving up for a QB strange?  Ballard has been in this league for a long time and has been a part of successful teams.  You don’t come right out of the gates telling the media your plan to “move heaven and earth” to get your QB.  It almost seems hyperbolic to me.  I wonder if he’s trying to get the Texans to panic and give up more to move to 1.1 when in reality the Colts are content at 1.4 or making a smaller trade up to 2 or 3 after the Texans make their move.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Colts would make a lot of sense. I do wonder if Ballard wants to tie himself to another veteran QB. He has to know he's running out of time. Going for a rookie might buy him some more time to right the ship.

Irsay might prefer a rookie as well. As a Bears fan I don't want them to get Carr.

It would be really surprising if they didn't draft a guy, if for no other reason than to buy Ballard the rookie QB window.  For as praised as he is, they seem to have been absolutely flailing at QB since the got unLucked.  Team hasn't exactly been stacked otherwise, but I rather foolishly thought their best window was with Ryan. Ha. 

3 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Idk if this has been brought up yet, but does anyone else find Ballards comments about moving up for a QB strange?  Ballard has been in this league for a long time and has been a part of successful teams.  You don’t come right out of the gates telling the media your plan to “move heaven and earth” to get your QB.  It almost seems hyperbolic to me.  I wonder if he’s trying to get the Texans to panic and give up more to move to 1.1 when in reality the Colts are content at 1.4 or making a smaller trade up to 2 or 3 after the Texans make their move.

Some of what is at issue here is how his comment is being interpreted. Here’s what he actually said:

IF there’s a QB who’s “the right guy”…

That caveat is everything. 

22 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

IF there’s a QB who’s “the right guy”…

...To save my job

is probably what he is really thinking. They are in a rebuild, they have to be. They tried the vet QB on his last legs thing 3 times and it didnt work. Which is why I would assume that Carr isnt at the top of their list (and they wouldnt be on the top of mine if I was Carr either) 

Getting a QB in the draft, especially if he is giving up assets to do it, he can spin that to Irsay saying he needs more time. But this is probably the last chance he gets, so he has to pick the right HC an the right QB as they flip this roster/Cap situation in one year

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I was on record that AZ should not pay Kyler Murray.

Coach and GM gone.   They fleeced owner on way out though with those extensions.

@Sugashane37.5 Million to Kliff Kingsbury to do nothing at all if he wants for next 5 years.   LOL

Would you take that?

giphy.gif

$37.5 mil...I mean come on.  My morality drops really fast when four digits are involved. 😅

• Like 3

Was thinking about who is going to end up where when it comes to these HC candidates and it got me thinking...if Dallas get beat by the Bucs and Dak looks bad does Jerry sack Mike McCarthy and go full court press on Sean Payton? It's no secret that Jerry has always loved Sean and given than there is a strong likelihood that Dan Quinn ends up leaving for a HC job (probably Denver) things are going to be blown up in a way anyway so is now the time to move? That would really throw the cat amongst the pigeons to start this offseason.