Official 2023 QB Thread

NYRaider

25 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I think he'll be middle of round 2, still after Levis (who I also think goes in rd 2)

Yeah, I think it depends on how far Levis falls.  If he goes to the middle of the first or later, I think Hooker falls with him.  If someone pulls the trigger on Levis early, then I think Hooker could go late first.

Levis wouldn't know how to throw with anticipation if it hit him in the head. He's an "open and throw" QB like Derek Carr, Kyler Murray, Dak Prescott, Jimmy G. He just doesn't have that anticipation skill. The other four in this draft do have it. Levis isn't gonna make WR's open. He's not gonna take over a football game if everything is going wrong. 

Edited by BayRaider

19 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Desmond Watson is far larger than Dalvin Tomlinson, and Brian Battle is far smaller than Bryce Young. Do you think Bryce Young didn't play against any 330 pound DTs in the SEC?

What I think is that he is the smallest QB in NFL history with the body type of a 7th grader who will be forced into a early retirement ala Tua the moment he gets slammed to the ground by a NFL DT/DE who hes not athletic enough to run away from. Hes a inch shorter than Kyler Murray with the athleticism of Baker Mayfield and weighs 20-30lbs less than both of them.

Also, he was the QB of a 2 loss team despite being favored in every game he played in last year and wound up with worse passing metrics than Stroud in every single passing category and only rushed for 180 yards on the season.

I just cant believe Im seemingly the only person who has this level of worry about his physical and athletic limitations putting a cap on how good he can possibly become. I actually feel more comfortable trying to turn Richardson into the next Lamar Jackson than I would having Bryce Young try to last more than 8 years in the NFL. He doesnt have the size, he doesnt have the athleticism and he doesnt even have the best arm in his own draft class.

Your essentially banking on him being the next Drew Brees which is a 1/500 chance or a generational player we have literally never seen before like Mahomes. Sorry but Bryce Young aint that good.

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Hooker is a more mobile Teddy Bridgewater. Throwing your balls with all touch and no velocity just isn't gonna fly in the NFL. It's so gimmicky. 

Hooker has plenty of velocity on his throws and certainly more than Bridgewater had as a prospect...

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1

There’s no way Houston can pass on a QB at two

you can’t bank on getting Caleb next year 

and I’d trade Stroud or Richardson over Drake Maye

Even if you trade down and got a haul with future first round picks Caleb is going number 1 next year and unless you completely all our tank there’s no guarantee you’ll get the number 1 pick or that the team that gets it will be willing to trade. 

Houston do not pass on a QB. Either Stroud or Richardson. 

• Like 1