Browns trade Baker Mayfield to Carolina for conditional 2024 5th

Forge

13 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I hope Jalen Hurts comes in first in MVP voting and Jalen Reagor comes in 3rd.

None of this is happening.

I just bet Hurts at 33/1 like an hour ago lol if they can win 11+ games, he puts up big numbers both rushing and passing then who knows. I like the value though and I have to have a few long shots for MVP each year. I bet Carr at 33/1 as well 

6 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Or the Jets getting a 6th(2021)  and future 2nd and 4th(2022) for Sam Darnold. 

Or the Colts getting a 2nd, 3rd and 3rd for Carson freaking Wentz.

The big difference is that every team knew the Browns had to trade Baker so that altered the price dramatically. 

Are you guys really that sure that Baker is significantly better than Darnold? 

Darnold is awful, but he has never had anywhere close the supporting cast Baker has had since 2019. Yet, Baker has been bad 2 out of the past 3 seasons & in that solid stretch he had in 2020, most of the teams he played against were tanking or just outright bad.

Honestly, I think there’s a chance Baker might end up worse than Darnold ever was with now equal supporting cast.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

I just bet Hurts at 33/1 like an hour ago lol if they can win 11+ games, he puts up big numbers both rushing and passing then who knows. I like the value though and I have to have a few long shots for MVP each year. I bet Carr at 33/1 as well 

I love him for top 5 (and I mean at 5) for Fantasy Football QB.

I'm not expecting a top 20 MVP placement.

We can dream though.

Note: This is a league where Matt Ryan and Lamar Jackson are recent MVPs so taking some of those 33 to 1s might not be the worst idea.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Wow. A relatively young starting QB who is a former #1 pick and has shown flashes of ability for a fifth. What a weird year. Stank arse Darnold got more than that (from the same team) despite showing less.

Has more to do with everyone knowing they could keep working the Browns on the price. None of the teams in the Baker hunt were contenders this year so they could take or leave him and the Browns needed to get rid of him. If hypothetically Wilson weren’t on the Broncos, then maybe a team like that is willing to deal a bit. But right now it’s just bad teams trying to see if they can make a reclamation project work for the future when they may be ready to compete and a desperate team needing him gone. 

4 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

Are you guys really that sure that Baker is significantly better than Darnold? 

Darnold is awful, but he has never had anywhere close the supporting cast Baker has had since 2019. Yet, Baker has been bad 2 out of the past 3 seasons & in that solid stretch he had in 2020, most of the teams he played against were tanking or just outright bad.

Honestly, I think there’s a chance Baker might end up worse than Darnold ever was with now equal supporting cast.

This post drastically underrates just how awful Sam Darnold is.

• Like 1