The Justin Fields watch thread

JAF-N72EX

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

This has been going around all day and I love it, Ifedi still irritates me that he reacted that way towards Jenkins.

Same here.  I'm not sure what all was said and why Ifedi acted like that, but I don't care either.  It was still wrong.  They're supposed to be TEAMMATES and when ish goes down you're supposed ride with your people, right or wrong. Ask them "why" and tell them how wrong they were after the fact but not while it's happening and certainly not on national TV. That's what a real TEAM is.

Nagy had already lost control of the locker room before this game but I think that play is a good representation of just how much control he really lost.

One thing about Fields to remember. He has been in competition with Lawrence for the top QB in Jr High, High school and college not only in the state of Georgia but the country. They grew about 40 miles apart and were always talked about as #1 and #1A best QB. When Lawrence got the praise his first year in college and Kirby Smart couldn't find a way to keep and develop the most talented QB UGA has had in 50 years , it took Fields back. In Kennesaw they boast about work Fields put in to catch up to Lawrence and in their words pass him.  

The rationale of the national media is mindboggling. In the past two days, I have listened to multiple radio show hosts comparing 2nd-year QBs. Of course, JF is getting no love. But what is annoying is when you hear hosts say things like Justin Fields has no weapons, this is the second offense that has to learn, and he has a defensive head coach. The same hosts have then stated that Davis Mills may turn out to be okay because he has weapons. What? Isn't he playing for a new coaching staff with a new system under a defensive head coach? And how do the Texans have more offensive weapons than the Bears? I mean, come on!

• 2 weeks later...

Fields has physical talent to be an elite QB.  

The question mark on him is in game processing speed.  Which is what separates NFL QBs.  Which is why Brady can succeed better than anyone with less physical talent.  

He needs time to develop it. But reality is for most it never comes.  We just have to wait a few years with same system and see.  

Packers game was not good for Justin.  He knows it.  We know it.   I think he can be really good in long run still.  

Bears wasted a year with him.   We need to be patient for at least a year.  Which is hard.  

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

It doesn't support the Bears

You can find the same stuff about Josh Allen. Rodgers and Allen are unicorns.

Finding a good QB is about finding unicorns. The fast majority suck. It’s why the Ravens rolled the dice with Lamar, trying to find a good conventional QB is extremely hard and rare.

On 9/22/2022 at 5:48 AM, dll2000 said:

Fields has physical talent to be an elite QB.  

The question mark on him is in game processing speed.  Which is what separates NFL QBs.  Which is why Brady can succeed better than anyone with less physical talent.  

He needs time to develop it. But reality is for most it never comes.  We just have to wait a few years with same system and see.  

Packers game was not good for Justin.  He knows it.  We know it.   I think he can be really good in long run still.  

Bears wasted a year with him.   We need to be patient for at least a year.  Which is hard.  

Patience has never been something this fan base does well. In order to become what his potential suggests he can, Fields will not only have to push through the development part of actually becoming a top tier QB, but also the highly unrealistic expectations of this fan base for what developing a franchise QB entails as well.

It’s not as simple as “Well Player X was a stud in year 2, so Fields should take off now too.” Brees took until year 4 and Rivers being drafted to replace him before he became a franchise QB. Roethlisberger averaged just 22 attempts per start in year 2 and had 18 TDs and 23 INT in year 3. Allen was competent in year 2 but didn’t take off until year 3.  Brett Favre was pretty awful in his first 2 years starting in GB and that was after sitting a year in ATL. There’s no one path. 

• Like 1