2022 Offensive Line

Refugee

On 9/7/2022 at 10:38 AM, vegas492 said:

God I despise Bakhtiari.

Got that huge deal when he knew his knee was bad, then goes down right before the biggest game of the year.  Awfully suspicious.

Then let's add to it....he milks that injury for all it is worth and sits out an entire year.  

All to get his name back into the headlines this year as to if he will play.

And he's never been much of a run blocker.  The only way he's any good in pass protection is because he holds all the time.

His real talent is what again?  Chugging a beer?  UW-Oshkosh is full of guys who can out chug him anytime.  Maybe even those kids in Madison can as well.  

Bakhtiari tore his ACL AFTER he signed his extension. What are you talking about dude?

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It is shocking how much smaller Tom looks than Myers. 

I still would have played him over Hanson, but I can absolutely see how coaches would have been reluctant to put him in there Day 1. He badly needs an offseason. 

I noticed that too.

Also noticed last year how enormous Myers really is.  Legit 6'5'' with a lot of mass on those legs.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I still would have played him over Hanson, but I can absolutely see how coaches would have been reluctant to put him in there Day 1. He badly needs an offseason. 

It doesn’t help that he’s wearing 50. I think he should have asked someone, “does this number make me look skinny?”

I think he has the feet to play tackle but he will need some extra bulk. Myers is a gigantic center so he makes most guys look small standing next to him. 

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He reminds me so much of year 1 Bahk. Hands and feet at the level of a 5 year pro, anchor at the level of a college prospect still. 

Definitely needs an offseason of 5k calories a day and weight room work.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, squire12 said:

GB rushed 10 for 32 in the first half.  Most of the yards gained were 2nd half and possibly against light boxes.  

Yes.  The run game during the first half, while the nature of the game was getting determined, was inefficient.  Jones and Dillon are very good runners, but the line didn't create much for them.  I thought they got their 32/10 in spite of the line, not because of the line. 

And, it also seemed like the Vikings kind of controlled that?  They were OK with allowing 3-yard runs on 1st-and-2nd downs.  When they prioritized stopping it, they were often able to do.  

Perhaps dumb and false, but I rarely saw our o-line pushing forward?  On many Vikings running plays, the whole line was moving forward, and guys would get a little extra push/fall forward at the end.  On many/most of ours, my perception was that the guards were often stonewalled? 

Word is Caleb Jones getting called up to the 53. Might have been some injuries or just disappointment in some other teams’ Oline and they are eyeing our developmental guys. Hope he can turn into something, it’s got to be hard to play the leverage game at that height but he is massive. Would love a mauler at RT. 

17 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Word is Caleb Jones getting called up to the 53. Might have been some injuries or just disappointment in some other teams’ Oline and they are eyeing our developmental guys. Hope he can turn into something, it’s got to be hard to play the leverage game at that height but he is massive. Would love a mauler at RT. 

Barnes to the IR and Jones to the 53, would make sense. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Refugee said:

actually love that news, let's beat the **** out of people 

• Like 1