2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

4 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Hypothetical situation.  Say QBs go the top 5 and Will Anderson is still available at 5.  Say for whatever reason Seattle/AZ (because in this situation pretty much the only way Seattle isn't at pick at 5 is that they moved up to 3 for Richardson) and they are open to offers.  Would you be happy with moving from 9 to 5, and sending 2.61 and 4.133 (+maybe future pick) to get Will Anderson?  I love the idea of Will Anderson on the Bears but at this point, with so many recent drafts of move-up trades where we are literally drafting fewer players, I think I would not do it.

If we could do it without the future pick, sure. Essentially becomes:

Bears send: 1.1, 4th

Bears receive: Will Anderson, Denniston Moore, 24 1st, 25 2nd

when it easily could’ve been:

With the first pick in the 2023 nfl draft, the Chicago bears select Will Anderson. 

10 hours ago, Epyon said:

There's a flipside to that argument, as well.... The miss rate on the position is massive, and the prospects  you do find are terribly flawed. 

For example, we took Monty in the third...... Monty can't run. He's a running back, who isn't good at running.

We took Herbert in the 4th..... Herbert can run to the outside..  He's bad up the middle, couldn't catch a damn cold,  and his pass blocking is about as effective as the French army in the start of WW2.

I don't even remember when we took Tresten Ebner (6th round).... He can do *checks notes* nothing. Can't run, can't catch, can't pass block.....

Kerryth White? (7th round)  His best plays where as a backup for the I think it was Steelers?

Jordan Howard (5th round). He could pound the rock!....For about 2 years, and couldn't do a damn thing in the passing game.... I can't recall if he was good in pass pro. I suppose that could be an argument for either our points (he burnt out fast lowering RB value/making your point...... and he was a terribly flawed/incomplete back making my point)

Cohen (4th rounder). This was a decent hit,  but I'd argue he was a more specialized case given his more "offensive gadget player" role than a traditional back. He was probably both over and underrated, he wasn't the tier 1 game changer we kept trying to make him into, but he was a damn solid find. His career was shorter but that's arguably more on his size than the position/role he was in.

That leaves our last truly special running back that we drafted

Matt Forte. The only back on this list worth his second contract (Cohen might have been had he not been immediately crippled).... Could run, could catch, could pass pro.... Guy was a legitimate stud.... but he was also drafted higher than everyone else on this list, because he was a more talented/complete prospect.  2nd round, pick 44.

It's like any other position on the field, if you want actual talent you have to draft the actually talented players. It's not impossible to hit on guys or have successful role players from later draft picks.... but Herbert is kind of a best case scenario here, and while he's a solid runner, he again sucks hard at every other aspect of being a running back.

Just because the Bears stink at drafting RB's doesn't mean they should now prioritize it earlier than usual. Chubb- 2nd round. Pollard- 4th round. Cook- 2nd round. Aaron Jones- 5th round. Ekeler- UDFA

Do I think the Bears go RB earlier than most expect? Yes, but I'm not taking Robinson at 9 just because Ryan Pace took Jordan Howard late one time

• Like 1

Bears aren’t trading up under any scenario IMO.

Here is my question.  If we draft Paris Johnson does he go to LT or RT? 

Or do they use mini camps to figure it out? 

Since we signed a guard does that rule out Skoronski?  Or can we draft Skoronski anyway due to possible concern about Jenkins back? 

Or maybe they feel Skoronski can be OT? 

• Like 1

Witherspoon and Gonzalez are studs at premium position. 

Bears twitter is against drafting a CB, but they may be best players on Poles big board over the OL or DL on board there.

Are you going to be upset if Witherspoon or Gonzalez come off board at 9? 

24 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Bears aren’t trading up under any scenario IMO.

Here is my question.  If we draft Paris Johnson does he go to LT or RT? 

Or do they use mini camps to figure it out? 

Since we signed a guard does that rule out Skoronski?  Or can we draft Skoronski anyway due to possible concern about Jenkins back? 

Or maybe they feel Skoronski can be OT? 

If the Bears draft Paris Johnson I think they would put him at RT for the season and see how Braxton does, if he doesn't improve then the following season they would move him to LT. But what do I know I just work on air planes.

PFF kicked Paris Johnson down to 19 on BB simulator update.   He was much higher.  

Peter Skoronski is first OT at 12.

Anton Harrison (23) jumped Broderick Jones (25) too.  Jones was higher if I recall.  

Dawand Jones moved all the way up to 31 making all of above the first round OTs according to them.   Five in total.  

Matthew Bergeron is next at 54.

Darnell Write is next at 70.   I think that is lower than he was before.

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Witherspoon and Gonzalez are studs at premium position. 

Bears twitter is against drafting a CB, but they may be best players on Poles big board over the OL or DL on board there.

Are you going to be upset if Witherspoon or Gonzalez come off board at 9? 

I wouldn't be at all upset with Witherspoon. Guy is an absolute tone setter on defense and could be a top 5 corner in the entire NFL within 2 years. 

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Just because the Bears stink at drafting RB's doesn't mean they should now prioritize it earlier than usual. Chubb- 2nd round. Pollard- 4th round. Cook- 2nd round. Aaron Jones- 5th round. Ekeler- UDFA

Do I think the Bears go RB earlier than most expect? Yes, but I'm not taking Robinson at 9 just because Ryan Pace took Jordan Howard late one time

Half the guys you listed where 2nd rounders, which is already higher than every rb we've drafted since Forte. I'd add your argument is kind of like saying "the Bears suck at drafting qbs, and never should have wasted a first rounder on Fields because Tom Brady got drafted in the 6th".... When the reality is that rb is like any other position where the more talented players will go earlier

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

If you offered me Johnson at #9 or Broderick Jones at #16 I am taking Jones every time....gets even more complicated if you could offer me Darnell Wright at #24 hahaha.

Anton Harrison should probably be in that mix as well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Peter Skoronski is first OT at 12.

Anton Harrison (23) jumped Broderick Jones (25) too.  Jones was higher if I recall.  

Dawand Jones moved all the way up to 31 making all of above the first round OTs according to them.   Five in total.  

Matthew Bergeron is next at 54.

Harrison is a guy I've been reading rumors about that some gms have as OT #1. Always hard to know what's true and what's "lying season" though. 

Dawand Jones is a guy who fits our scheme really poorly, but one I'd still be absolutely thrilled to pick up. He might be RT only, but I think he immediately locks that side of the line down. The floor with him is higher just because his size alone makes him very hard to get around in pass pro and he can maul people/is too big to move in the running game. 

Wright's biggest thing going for him is shutting Will Anderson down and Will Anderson himself saying he was the best OT he faced all year. He might very well be the under the radar best of the bunch. 

Bergeron is definitely that next tier, but a good consolation prize is we miss the above...the Maryland kids as well (I want to say Duncan is the name, but I'm bad with names and would have to look it back up) is another one I'd look into... Very good mobilty for a zbs.. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

PFF kicked Paris Johnson down to 19 on BB simulator update.   He was much higher.  

43 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Im telling you, they are just doing it because they are bored. There is no other rational explination

I love their UI, but the rankings are becoming a joke

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im telling you, they are just doing it because they are bored. There is no other rational explination

I love their UI, but the rankings are becoming a joke

If their scouts are doing BB it shouldn't change except for arrests and what not.   No new film to watch and combine is done.

Unless they factor in other BB composites and way people using it are drafting.

• Like 1