Are the Vikings for real?

notthatbluestuff

14 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Yep. They have good players on defense at every level, a bit rough at CB, but adding Zad is huge, IMO. 

Their offense under KOC looked markedly better already. Looks well oiled and creative even this early. Jefferson creates space with his route running, but surely being THAT open on some of them is a result of intelligent coordinating. Once, they managed to get him lined up on Preston Smith!!

They're for real. Best team in the NFC N, for me. 

The offense seemed to sputter some in the second half, certainly more work to do. Felt like they could have put up more points but I get it’s week one and the starters didn’t play together, and it’s a new system, so it may take a few weeks. 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Gonna be a force, for sure, once everyone settles in. 

That said, I've thought they've been pretty for real for a while, Zimmer just lost his touch. 

Hard to be a good team in this league with a bottom five defense, which is what Zimmer produced the last two years. But he’ll blame Spielman and Cousins for that. 

As for being a force, I’m not there yet. Still need to see more from the defense. I’m confident that the offense will be good to great, again, just don’t think it will be sustainable if they have to get into shootouts every week. 

Edited by vikingsrule

14 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

One game and people are already out... I don't think neither of those game have proved anything about the Vikings. 

I would say Maybe. 

They are a mediocre team. Cousins is going to be flawless 90% of the year but he’s going to give us one or two complete disasters of a game. At least we’re getting it out of the way week two. Hopefully there aren’t any more MNF games this year for Mn. 

On 9/13/2022 at 12:37 PM, notthatbluestuff said:

Was their win over the Packers just part of Week One Weirdness or are they primed for an explosive season under KOC? Can they go into Philly and put up some numbers against a defense that allowed 30+ to the Lions?

Justin-Jefferson3.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Apparently they couldn't put up Lions numbers against Philly's defense.