Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

13 minutes ago, dust247 said:

Don't forget that the Giants were driving the field with no resistance on Barkley's fumbled drive as well.

Barry is trash. He needs to be fired on the way home. 

This defense has sucked for far too long.

Yeah .. lucky to even have a chance at the end of this game.  They ran all over us and fooled us right and left.  Tommy Devito baffled the defense all night.  Zero sacks against a team that had allowed over 5 a game and 7 a game in the past few games.  Devito completed about 80 percent of his passes and made the defense look silly.  Fire Barry should be very high on the list of off-season business.  Murphy and Gute may need to mandate that if LaFleur won't do it. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If it's obvious to me it's the wrong strategy, it should be obvious to a professional DC because I don't know **** about football 

This is how I feel when I start predicting what we're running on offense. If I can see it the professional dudes definitely can.

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Bring him home. Al with Ja and Valentine , hell yes. 

I'm not sold on Valentine. I know he's got good PFF stats.....but I'm just not sold on him.
Perhaps its the **** scheme. I cant say...primarily because the player's not making any WOW plays.

Ballentine you can shoot to the moon as far I'm concerned.
Nixon's only getting snaps in coverage because our rosters thin of veteran talent. He sucks in coverage - hit INT against KC taken into account. He sucks.

Just now, Leader said:

I'm not sold on Valentine. I know he's got good PFF stats.....but I'm just not sold on him.
Perhaps its the **** scheme. I cant say...primarily because the player's not making any WOW plays.

Nixon's only getting snaps in coverage because our rosters thin of veteran talent. He sucks in coverage - hit INT against KC taken into account. He sucks.

They all could be useful players with an actual DC. Imagine working your *** off every day so that your coach can line you up 10 yards off the ball and let teams pick on you underneath at will. Not easy to stay mentally sharp.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ballentine is the only CB we have that even pretends to try to tackle.  Don't completely throw him under the bus.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

They all could be useful players with an actual DC. Imagine working your *** off every day so that your coach can line you up 10 yards off the ball and let teams pick on you underneath at will. Not easy to stay mentally sharp.

That could be and I'll account for that....but....based on what I'm seeing - trash.
We've got ZERO talent who can handle press man coverage. PBU's are non-existant in our defense. Nobody's in the same zip code as the receiver!

We've got no hitters back there. Nobody who brings it with violence. Nope. We're just a bunch of grabbers and holders on.

Based on what I'm seeing this year, they're all backups as far as I'm concerned.

I've no clue what's going on with Jaire. I'm hopeful he's hurt and not a malcontent. That said...he's on the cusp of becoming Kevin King II when it comes to missing games....which given his slight size, might be all we can expect from the guy.

I'm just pissed.

• Like 1

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

I want to be. I’m cautious on a guy who’s never called a defense before I think.. I suppose everyone has to do it the first time

I just say him because I've seen plenty of Dallas's secondary and they're an aggressive, violent bunch.
I like that and think our defense could use a whole bunch of it.