Week 6 GDT - Bears vs Commies... Why is This Prime Time?

Sugashane

32 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Something that I have noticed (granted I don't rewatch film like many of you do) is that Fields seems to be reluctant to throw to receivers running crossing or slant routes. To me it appears that he is having trouble recognizing the difference between what he saw as open at that college level and what is considered open at the NFL level. I wonder if that will improve if and when we get better talent on the roster that he trust or if it is something that he is just going to have problems with moving forward. 

He seems to be still doing the college QB thing of not wanting to throw the ball unless he Receiver is wide open. Which causes him to hold the ball way too long, and then its even too late to escape the pocket. 

Those are things that he has to correct, because receivers are never going to be consistently wide open in the NFL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

He seems to be still doing the college QB thing of not wanting to throw the ball unless he Receiver is wide open. Which causes him to hold the ball way too long, and then its even too late to escape the pocket. 

Those are things that he has to correct, because receivers are never going to be consistently wide open in the NFL

Fields without a doubt has to become better and just seeing it and ripping it…he is too worried about making a mistake a lot of the time…part of that is on how easy it was for him in Ohio State’s offence because guys were schemed wide open…part of it is he doesn’t trust the guys he has on this roster…not sure I blame him for that on either…

If we invest properly this offseason and get him good weapons I hope we see a real improvement there…if not then that is a clear concern moving forward.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Inside 10 3x with no points and turned it over deep on a muff.  You don’t win games like that.   

At least they are actually losing in a tank year.  

When the team is bad enough, fans start saying they instead of we

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

100% I am blaming Griffin for slowing down and ****ting the bed when he through he was so open...just keep running...

And as I said at the time Mooney was 1 on 1 on that route...you have to be aggressive at some point...it was the right decision...

It is no ones fault throwing the ball off a defenders helmet...it is a freak occurrence...

But like I said we will never agree since you just have some weird dislike for Fields who seemingly can do no right in your eyes...along with the rest of this team most of the time. 

• Like 1

It was a good game I guess. I really wanted you guys to beat us because nothing else will rid of us Rivera and crew but both teams are so bad on offense. Big Khalil Herbert fan because I'm a Hokie fan and I'd love see you guys use him more. Watching Fields reminds me so much of what we went through with RG3 although RG3 was self induced. I do hope Fields pans out for you guys as I've never had any kind of hatred towards your franchise. A lot of admiration actually. Good luck the rest of the way fellas!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Mitch made some incredible throws to be fair. Like Fields, he struggled with consistency and often looked anxious in the pocket.

He did definitely make some good plays during his time with Bears but to be honest I don't ever remember feeling wowed by Trubisky like I am with Fields at times 

I think Fields was/is a superior prospect coming into the NFL based on talent and athleticism 

I see glimpses of hope with him. This team sorely needs to surround him with some good protection

I wouldn't be surprised if our 1st round pick next year is on the OL

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I am at that point in season where I have to numb myself and carry on.

Optimism will return next off season. (Hopefully)

It always starts around the time we sign an UDFA WR out of nowhere and expect him to be Jerry rice, then ends within 3 minutes of game one 

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

He did definitely make some good plays during his time with Bears but to be honest I don't ever remember feeling wowed by Trubisky like I am with Fields at times 

I think Fields was/is a superior prospect coming into the NFL based on talent and athleticism 

I see glimpses of hope with him. This team sorely needs to surround him with some good protection

I wouldn't be surprised if our 1st round pick next year is on the OL

It’s like Fields is 5-10% better in ever way…yeah Tru could run but not like Fields…yeah Tru had an arm but not like Fields…it’s just not the same watching them both despite the struggles…

Only reason I wouldn’t say we should go OL in the 1st next year is I think we need a couple of sure things up front who have shown they can play in this league and in this scheme…Jenkins & Bradbury would go a long way to fixing our issues…got to spend upfront.

• Like 1