Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Someone tweeted out today something about who’s your favorite guy you’re essentially sure won’t end up on the Bears, and for me it’s Bijan Robinson. RB being devalued as it is will have him slide, but he’s very similar to Saquon stylistically. I LOVE the idea of him paired with Fields on RPOs and zone reads. He has power, agility, speed and is an asset in the passing game, and because of how the league views RBs there’s a pretty real chance he ends up getting drafted to a 2022 playoff team in the bottom half of the first round and gives them a stud back with 5 years of control. 

I think his greatest assets are his vision and change of direction. Dude had some plays that showed he’s clearly playing on rookie in madden. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

This guy is right a lot more than he is wrong...if true it is interesting that the first two teams to ask the question aren't the Texans or Colts...maybe the Raiders or Panthers? Lots of options out there.

I’m personally wondering if Tampa would give up a ton to come up into the top 10 if we trade down, or even to 1. They have so much there, just not a QB anymore. Surely they could also go for Rodgers, Carr, or some other vet. I don’t expect them to rebuild. 

11 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I’m personally wondering if Tampa would give up a ton to come up into the top 10 if we trade down, or even to 1. They have so much there, just not a QB anymore. Surely they could also go for Rodgers, Carr, or some other vet. I don’t expect them to rebuild. 

I'm not so sure the Bucs are in a position not to start rebuilding...a lot of free agents this offseason and a lot of the stars they do have under contract are aging...and massively paid given they are so far over the cap right now...they are a bit of a mess right now.

44 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This guy is right a lot more than he is wrong...if true it is interesting that the first two teams to ask the question aren't the Texans or Colts...maybe the Raiders or Panthers? Lots of options out there.

Not saying he isn’t right, but wasn’t most of his good info all from the previous regime?

13 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm not so sure the Bucs are in a position not to start rebuilding...a lot of free agents this offseason and a lot of the stars they do have under contract are aging...and massively paid given they are so far over the cap right now...they are a bit of a mess right now.

Its ok. They're following the New Orleans cap model.

22 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

He is connected with ownership or a Bears exec. somehow.  Someone here knows who and how.  I forget. 

So his inside info is actually legit.

That is good news.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

He is connected with ownership or a Bears exec. somehow.  Someone here knows who and how.  I forget. 

So his inside info is actually legit.

That is good news.

For all intents and purposes, Fields is “available” for trade until some idiot is fooled into giving their entire draft future to secure the first pick 

Bears fan expectation:

Bears trade 1st overall pick 

Bears receive: 2 2023 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd, 2 2024 1st, 2 2024 2nds, 1 2025 1st

What will happen:

Bears trade 1st overall pick 

Bears receive 2023 2nd round pick, Deforest Buckner 

On 2/2/2023 at 5:56 PM, Madmike90 said:

This was floating around in my head again (since some of you still believe his sources are still good, even though I have doubts) But I was going another Sim Mock, and the offer from the Patriots came across...

I know Ive said I want to stay in the Top 8, and other have been around that number, BUT what if someone like the Patriots are offering a boatload of picks? Theres a chance that we value those picks (future especially) more than alot of teams might as we are just in step one of the rebuild. And if you are going to get away from Carter/Anderson, there is a clear 2nd tier, but the 3rd tier isnt awful either.

While someone like Bill might be looking at what he has, knowing that Mac isnt the guy (but he could flip him) and maybe he sees Bryce Young as Plug and Play (he loves his Saban guys) as he tried to win one more Title before he rides off into the sunset (you know he wants to match Brady, and hes been a sub par drafter)

Im not sure what would be enough for me to drop to #14, but adding #46, '24 1st and '25 1st would be one heck of a start