EDGE Talk

MOSteelers56

10 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

If you want to get Dawand, you have to send stunts, angles, and blitzes at him. Straight up pass rush at him is a death sentence. You'll have to cross his face to get pressure.

You have to make him move and even then you might not make it.  He can move very well for that size.  Soon as he learns not to let people into his chest he will be even better.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Could Derick Hall work his way into the late first round?

His combine measurables so far:

Height 6'3, Weight 254 lbs., Hand size 10", Arm length 34-1/2", 40 yard dash 4.57, 10 yard split 1.59

There are so many edge guys on that bubble that the answer is "maybe!". It's really a pick your flavor, pick your scheme fit with these teams. 

The strength of this class is edge and cb and I wouldnt be surprised by a lot of names being called in the 1st for each group. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Could Derick Hall work his way into the late first round?

His combine measurables so far:

Height 6'3, Weight 254 lbs., Hand size 10", Arm length 34-1/2", 40 yard dash 4.57, 10 yard split 1.59

He's someone I really wanted to see some agility testing on. 

19 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

There are so many edge guys on that bubble that the answer is "maybe!". It's really a pick your flavor, pick your scheme fit with these teams. 

The strength of this class is edge and cb and I wouldnt be surprised by a lot of names being called in the 1st for each group. 

I think edge is a position where the athletic testing matters, but I want to see it match the production on the field. Van Ness is someone who scares the hell out of me, because he doesn't know how to play the position, doesn't yet know how to tap into his athletic potential, hasn't got enough football snaps under his belt. He's the Anthony Richardson of this class, it's gonna take time and if you are a team with a glaring pass-rush need, I wouldn't be investing a high pick on him. Some GM's could be out of a job before that bears fruit. 

23 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

He's someone I really wanted to see some agility testing on. 

Hall followed up a very strong showing at the Senior Bowl with another really good day in both agility drills and the position-specific work at the combine. Hall's 33.5-inch vertical jump is solid, but his 10-foot-7 broad jump was truly fantastic for his size (6-3, 254 pounds). Hall saved the best for last with a very good workout in the edge-rusher group. His hand power and bend were on display throughout the workout, and he showed easy movement skills working in space. -- Miller

...from Matt Miller

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Someone sell me on Tyree Wilson. The dudes first step is so slow.

Just watched him for first time. Really wish we could have his numbers...he's definitely a guy where that feels important. I can't tell if he's explosive or slippery. He is really really rangy and surprisingly strong. Looked a little 'baby deer' ish to me. I see wasted steps and loss of balance sometimes - like he's still growing into himself. But he's a senior. 

His first step seems more than adequate to me. He covers a lot of ground. But he's super slow to react too often.

17 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Someone sell me on Tyree Wilson. The dudes first step is so slow.

No. He's not very good. He is a load to move off the line of scrimmage in the run game, but he's underdeveloped as a pass rusher and unlike Travon Walker, he doesn't have bend, explosion, burst, or have the same motor. He's going to be an NFL starter and be solid against the run at his worst, but there's not a whole lot there as a pass rusher to even develop, IMO.

1 Anderson
2 Adebawore 
3 McDonald
4 Foskey/Murphy/Van Ness
7 Wilson
8 Anudike
9 Nolan Smith/Byron Young
11 Diaby/Ojulari
13 Hall

Haven't really watched Zach Harrison or the Georgia Tech guy.
Adebawore is mostly ceiling, but I think he'll make an impact as a rookie with the right coaching staff, and that ceiling is consistent pro bowler if he reaches it.
I feel like Will McDonald is going to get 7+ sacks as a rook if he goes to an attacking 3/4 team and stays healthy.

Edited by Jeezla