EDGE Talk

MOSteelers56

On 3/3/2023 at 1:37 PM, incognito_man said:

Which guys are "nasty"? Which ones play to the echo of the whistle? Who gets into bar fights? Who make fun of guys who play Pokemon?

@Outpost31 and I want to know.

Besides Anderson Jr and Van Ness?

Felix Anudike-Uzomah plays very angry.

Tuli Tuipulotu as well.

Jose Ramirez is a later round guy that gets after it.

Lonnie Phelps is another one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

This edge class feels very under whelming to me.

I've said similar. I think it absolutely falls off a cliff during day 2 and I don't think that the top end talent is all that great behind the Anderson, tbh. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I've said similar. I think it absolutely falls off a cliff during day 2 and I don't think that the top end talent is all that great behind the Anderson, tbh. 

I think there's a ton of second and third tier talent myself.  After Anderson, there's a pretty sizable gap.  Ade Ade, Murphy, Wilson, and Van Ness are largely projection guys.  But then Anudike, Nolan Smith, McDonald, and Byron Young all have good tape and good upside.  Foskey is solid.  Hall and Ojulari have bend and speed.  Tuli I need to reassess, but he's got something.  That's a lot more than your average class right there.

Love some of the super late talent too.  Ramirez is one I have my eye on as well.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Agreed. Anderson is in a tier of his own but then there are a lot of guys with different skillsets that are pretty close as prospects.

1st round locks: Myles Murphy, Lukas Van ness, Nolan Smith, Tyree Wilson

Late 1st / Early 2nd guys: Will McDonald, BJ Ojulari, Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Adetomiwa Adebawore

2nd round guys: Keion White, Isaiah Foskey, Derrick Hall, Zach Harrison, Byron Young, Tuli Tuipulotu

After that there's a huge drop off. And I don't think there's a huge gap between a lot of these guys.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. Anderson is in a tier of his own but then there are a lot of guys with different skillsets that are pretty close as prospects.

1st round locks: Myles Murphy, Lukas Van ness, Nolan Smith, Tyree Wilson

Late 1st / Early 2nd guys: Will McDonald, BJ Ojulari, Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Adetomiwa Adebawore

2nd round guys: Keion White, Isaiah Foskey, Derrick Hall, Zach Harrison, Byron Young, Tuli Tuipulotu

After that there's a huge drop off. And I don't think there's a huge gap between a lot of these guys.

Is Murphy really a lock in the first? I can't figure out where/when he'll go

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Murphy is getting slept on because he didn’t work out yet. He’s the anti-Tyree. He’s always the first off the ball and has impressive first step explosion. There’s still things to iron out but the physical tools are there.

You basically answered the question i was going to ask.  It wasnt too long ago he was being seen top 10 in mocks.  Now all of a sudden he is going late round 1.  I would easily take him at pick 12 if he is still there.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why isn't Isaiah Foskey a first round lock?

Not specific to Foskey, but I feel this year has fewer "1st round locks" than previous years.   From like 20-50 it's more preference on position/ attributes.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I have Anderson, Smith, Murphy, and Hall in my first tier (Anderson alone at the top of it) but I think all could be top half of first round guys. Foskey, LVN, Wilson all in the next tier for me, but still like later in the first. Haven't watched any of the others yet. 

I like Keion White but he's old. Wouldn't take him in the first round.

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

His tape is as good as anyone's, but he lacks "wow" traits. He has solid bend, solid power, solid variance in his pass rush plan, is solid against the run...he's just solid and productive. There are some superfreaks with superpowers in the draft class as far as pass rushers are concerned. I think that's why he's "sliding" down boards.

That said, Foskey is a legit player and will be a long-time starter IMO.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I like Foskey, wouldn't hate him at pick 28 for the Bengals, even if the pick wouldn't wow me.  I doubt it happens with Hendrickson, Hubbard, and Ossai there already, but you can never have too many pass rushers.

What ever ended up happening with Jeff Gunter? I liked him a lot...pretty sure he was a Bengal, no?