Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

4 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Only 3 teams had fewer missed tackles than Packers in 2022. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/opp.htm

Lafleur & Barry can come up with brilliant schemes all they want. No "scheme" can fix that. That is a lack of coaching and enforcing fundamentals/technique. Mike Wahle has been hinting that this is one area that appears to be deficient with the current Lafleur coaching regime: fine for scheme, weak for player development. I'm willing to give him another season in hope that he addresses it, but if it doesn't improve, I hope he is replaced after next season. 

Edited by DWhitehurst

4 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

Lafleur & Barry can come up with brilliant schemes all they want. No "scheme" can fix that. That is a lack of coaching and enforcing fundamentals/technique. Mike Wahle has been hinting that this is one area that appears to be deficient with the current Lafleur coaching regime: fine for scheme, weak for player development. I'm willing to give him another season in hope that he addresses it, but if it doesn't improve, I hope he is replaced after next season. 

8 hours ago, Leader said:

Thats not good at all.

You guys realize what you quoted meant the Packers are fourth *best* at this stat, right?

• Like 4

The last time the Packers drafted a _______ in the 1st round.

QB: 2020 - Jordan Love

RB: 1990 - Darrell Thompson

WR: 2002 - Javon Walker

TE: 2000 - Bubba Franks

OT: 2011 - Derek Sherrod

IOL: 1994 - Aaron Taylor

DL: 2022 - Devonte Wyatt

Edge: - 2019 - Rashan Gary

CB: - 2021 - Eric Stokes

S: - 2019 - Darnell Savage

• Like 2

On 1/12/2023 at 8:41 AM, vegas492 said:

I feel like if GB were to ever take a WR in round one, he will have to be at least 6'1'' 190 pounds.  With great straight speed, agility, a great vertical and with hands.  Needs to be a complete package, and from a large school.

All WRs we have drafted are at least 6'1 and/or 200 plus pounds.  That goes all the way back to Cobb being the exception.  Gute has only signed 4 players that break that mold too:  Cobb, Bo Melton, Tavon Austin, and Chris Blair (I think that was his name).  Tavon was a gimmick, and Blair and Melton haven't played.