Week 11 Gameday Thread (TNF Edition) - Green Bay Packers (4-6-0) vs. Tennessee Titans (6-3-0)

Striker

The big thing in this game that I don't feel like anyone is talking about is our o-line.

If we can go Bakh, Jenkins, Myers, Runyan, Nijman again, that will be a few weeks in a row, with multiple practices in a row.

They should be getting better just by playing as a unit more.

BTW....there was no right way to say that last line.  Either they were getting better by playing with each other more, or they are getting better by playing as a unit.

Either way, the word "unit" or "playing with each other" was going to be in there.

But you all know what I mean.  Consistency in the o-line will lead to good things on offense.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:
3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

If we are withing single digits at half, we will

Titans are a terrible 2md half team

Haven't GB been the same for many games as well though?

I never said we would win. Read carefully

Thats the packers color glasses test

9 hours ago, vegas492 said:

The big thing in this game that I don't feel like anyone is talking about is our o-line.

If we can go Bakh, Jenkins, Myers, Runyan, Nijman again, that will be a few weeks in a row, with multiple practices in a row.

BTW....there was no right way to say that last line.  Either they were getting better by playing with each other more, or they are getting better by playing as a unit.

Either way, the word "unit" or "playing with each other" was going to be in there.

But you all know what I mean.  Consistency in the o-line will lead to good things on offense.

Bakh finally staying on the field for games in a row ( knocks on wood extremely hard) and Jenkins getting settled back in in his best position has been sneakily good for us. Also Nijman coming into his own at RT, this  might be the best lineup we've had since 2020 before Bakh went out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vegas492 said:

For me, this has been the biggest factor in our crapulence and could be the biggest factor in our resurgence. The problem is we dug our self deep into the outhouse and it’s not going to be fun getting out. One game at a time but this season has stung and the OLine has been a big part of that. Hope some consistency helps the cause. 

*obligatory: I hope they harden up as a unit and start penetrating defenses once they get in rhythm. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, vegas492 said:

They should be getting better just by working as a group more.

I fixed it! 

Also, Bak and Jenkins rarely practice on the same days and neither practice at all this week, but I get your point. 

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

That's the 'genius' of Mike McCarthy who many around here actually miss.

Bill Cowher

Sean Payton

Joe Gibbs

Mike Tomlin

Bud Grant

Paul Brown

Marty Schottenheimer

Curly Lambeau

Andy Reid

Tom Landry

Bill Belichick

George Halas

Don Shula

That is the entire list of coaches with more career wins and a higher career winning percentage than Mike McCarthy. 

That is WILDLY impressive. 

• Like 3