Texans benching QB Davis Mills; to start Kyle Allen versus Dolphins

TheKillerNacho

Fun while it lasted. 

Someone, probably Houston, is gonna have a good backup in Mills though. Houston doesn't have the parts for any QB who isn't next level great to succeed to begin with. Mills wasn't going to be a long term starter. But I do like my backups to have a good bit of game experience. 

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Mills winds up the new Matt Moore, which isn't a terrible fate. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Never saw much of Allen in WAS or CAR, but his stats are not that bad, are they flattering or does he have actual potential?

He’s… alright. Definitely not a starter but he’s probably one of the better back ups in the league. Even at the time, it didn’t make sense the Panthers went against keeping him for cheap just so they could give the bag to Teddy, who was maybe a smidge better at most. 

I wouldn’t say he has much potential though. He’s almost certainly maxed out, but I suppose stranger things have happened. I will say when he was here, it wasn’t hard for him to get the respect of the team when he started. By all accounts seems like a good leader and more mobile than you would think. 

Biggest issue, at least with us, is he fumbles a lot. 13 fumbles in 12 games in 2018. Arm is average at best, he’s not making many tight window throws. But he will follow the script well enough if the game goes the right way.