QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

It really seems you guys would rather have a losing season than to potentially ‘lose’ a trade. 

a first 

Or

2 2nds

or

a player (like J Johnson) plus .

One of those  are going to be the centerpiece. 

Or not, how about we get Rodgers and not offer all of that? We'll go with that option. 

Rodgers is going to be our QB and we won't offer a first, or 2 2nds, or Johnson (why would we trade a potential starting DE for us?)

Best case you guys get 1 2023 2nd and a 2024 conditional. 

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Or not, how about we get Rodgers and not offer all of that? We'll go with that option. 

Rodgers is going to be our QB and we won't offer a first, or 2 2nds, or Johnson (why would we trade a potential starting DE for us?)

Best case you guys get 1 2023 2nd and a 2024 conditional. 

I can maybe see a 2024 1st.. so a 2nd round pick pretty much. Packers fans can say they got their first. Everyone is happy enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Packers GM came out and said a first round pick isn't necessary lol

He also said he expects to get premier picks back.  A single SRP isn't multiple premier picks.  Maybe you could have argued that their SRP and 3rd round pick would qualify as premier picks, but they traded up from their 3rd round pick.

WHY ARE ALL THESE GREEN BAY FANS ALL OVER MY JETS SITE. SOMEBODY MAN UP AND BLOCK THESE A HOLES NOW. NOT ONLY ARE THEY NOT GOING TO GET THE 13 OVERALL PICK IN THE DRAFT BUT I WANT THEIR SECOND ROND PICK IN THIS YEAR'S DRAFT JUST TO SHOW GOOD FAITH. 

Edited by doumeyer

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

All signs point to a deal is done. Seems like there might be a time that they’re waiting to announce it. When that is… I don’t know.

That's what I thought too until I listened to their pressers.  Think our GM's are friends and that's part of the problem.  Gute should have set trade parameters before allowing the Jets to meet with Aaron.  So I'm putting the blame on him.  Let's face it both sides want and need this to happen.  So now we are caught in a game of chicken.  So let the process (game of chicken) play out and reach a last minute agreement the day of the draft.  

My idea is a swap of 1'st both 2's to GB and GB kicks the Jets back our 3rd.  

So Jets get Rodgers, #15, and #78

Packers get #13, #42, and #43.

Dunno I think that's pretty fair for both sides.  Expect something similiar once the trade is announced. 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

WHY ARE ALL THESE GREEN BAY FANS ALL OVER MY JETS SITE. SOMEBODY MAN UP AND BLOCK THESE A HOLES NOW. NOT ONLY ARE THEY NOT GOING TO GET THE 13 OVERALL PICK IN THE DRAFT BUT I WANT THEIR SECOND ROND PICK IN THIS YEAR'S DRAFT JUST TO SHOW GOOD FAITH. 

Nah man only reason I came over here is because Jets fans were on my forum.  We are enemies at the moment but once the trade is announced we can be friends.  Packers aren't going anywhere next year.  Can't speak to other Packer fans but I'll be pulling hard for the Jets.  They will be my second favorite team.  Jets are a damn good.  Rodgers is the missing piece.  If this deal gets done they should be able to compete with any team in the AFC.  Should be really fun to watch.  Oh and you'll get Rodgers for 2-3 years maybe longer.  He's not going to play for only one season.  

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

That's what I thought too until I listened to their pressers.  Think our GM's are friends and that's part of the problem.  Gute should have set trade parameters before allowing the Jets to meet with Aaron.  So I'm putting the blame on him.  Let's face it both sides want and need this to happen.  So now we are caught in a game of chicken.  So let the process (game of chicken) play out and reach a last minute agreement the day of the draft.  

My idea is a swap of 1'st both 2's to GB and GB kicks the Jets back our 3rd.  

So Jets get Rodgers, #15, and #78

Packers get #13, #42, and #43.

Dunno I think that's pretty fair for both sides.  Expect something similiar once the trade is announced. 

That is way too much for us to give up for a 40 year old QB who may play only 1 year.  

Jets can simply wait until after the draft and not give up any draft picks from this draft and add to our team so that we can try to win a SB. 

I think personally that’s about the deal I thought. We were never getting him for peanuts (and rightfully so) GB deserves some trade assets to build around their new qb of the future. 

Also the 2x first rounders and JJ or Sauce were outlandish and ridiculous also. 

Meeting in the middle seemed the likely scenario. A second this year to help Gb get some immediate help for their roster is fair. A conditional 2024 pick if we hit the playoffs/Afcgc/SB or whatever the condition is fair also.

I like the thought that if AR does do a 1 and done then we get back some pick in 2025 which would no doubt be either to help go after a qb or to surround Zach with more help if he played well in 2024.

Looks like the stalemate will end soon though thank god. The respect for packer fans I once held in high regard has took a massive nose dive; however @Scoremoreseems very cool and would be a welcomed addition over here whenever you want 👏🏼

Edited by KimuraGod

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

He also said he expects to get premier picks back.  A single SRP isn't multiple premier picks.  Maybe you could have argued that their SRP and 3rd round pick would qualify as premier picks, but they traded up from their 3rd round pick.

Just face it guy it is okay that you don't get a first round pick. The GM from the Pack is trying to get another team involved by saying hey you can get Rodgers for under a first round pick. The GM wants another team involved so bad you can see it. 

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

I think personally that’s about the deal I thought. We were never getting him for peanuts (and rightfully so) GB deserves some trade assets to build around their new qb of the future. 

Also the 2x first rounders and JJ or Sauce were outlandish and ridiculous also. 

Meeting in the middle seemed the likely scenario. A second this year to help Gb get some immediate help for their roster is fair. A conditional 2024 pick if we hit the playoffs/Afcgc/SB or whatever the condition is fair also.

I like the thought that if AR does do a 1 and done then we get back some pick in 2025 which would no doubt be either to help go after a qb or to surround Zach with more help if he played well in 2024.

Looks like the stalemate will end soon though thank god. The respect for packer fans I once held in high regard has took a massive nose dive; however @Scoremoreseems very cool and would be a welcomed addition over here whenever you want 👏🏼

Not awful. And I’d have to see the conditions for it to go to a 1st. If they’re easily achievable… not that great of a deal. Giving up 43 and a 2024 1st for a 39yr old isn’t great.

• Like 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-packers-jets-discussing-2-high-draft-picks-in-aaron-rodgers-trade-but-stuck-on-2024-protections-034812507.html?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANK9KeSW-VUNKgmm_LS8ekPnZcQuuOIM2BwF6-X4g26lNiomTX8fcoXLQtgDR2sksbHryNEX2Kqwha1SP-vx6NHVRlOPdxGvPHzy8yOJtaDIXrNL7lkTwvjWtRdbySzqMJUn6YarykTg_WGTe41YiY8qcccnmTLUMwFL76j38KaM

Yahoo is reporting something like "hosting a divisional round game" would be an escalator to taking the round 2 pick to a 1st. So basically being a top 2 seed in the AFC guarantees the escalation. I'm sure other things like advancing to the AFCCG or SB would escalate it too if you were a lower seed. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-packers-jets-discussing-2-high-draft-picks-in-aaron-rodgers-trade-but-stuck-on-2024-protections-034812507.html?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANK9KeSW-VUNKgmm_LS8ekPnZcQuuOIM2BwF6-X4g26lNiomTX8fcoXLQtgDR2sksbHryNEX2Kqwha1SP-vx6NHVRlOPdxGvPHzy8yOJtaDIXrNL7lkTwvjWtRdbySzqMJUn6YarykTg_WGTe41YiY8qcccnmTLUMwFL76j38KaM

Yahoo is reporting something like "hosting a divisional round game" would be an escalator to taking the round 2 pick to a 1st. So basically being a top 2 seed in the AFC guarantees the escalation. I'm sure other things like advancing to the AFCCG or SB would escalate it too if you were a lower seed. 

Any clue as to what we want if AR retires after 2023?