Panthers waive QB Baker Mayfield; claimed by Rams

Daboyle

33 minutes ago, indifference said:

Baker stinks

i remember that thread @Forgemade about him getting a bigger contract 

Flat out awful qb

I didn't start that thread.

Our conversation was basically about front offices doing stupid stuff, not on the ability of Baker (the idea would have been that baker's play would have been the same). I've been one of the most consistent anti Baker people on this board. Cleveland held him and bottomed him out which was a good move. Of course, they did do by trading assets for Watson and giving him a fully guaranteed deal, which kind of goes back to my point about front offices doing stupid stuff. One of my responses to you was about Denver, Pitt and Washington potentially going after him and giving him a decent deal.

One team made a trade for a QB that may set their team back half a decade, one traded for Carson Wentz, and one signed trubisky and used a first on Kenny Pickett. Teams do stupid stuff when it comes to QB. The only one of those moves that may be good is the Pickett selection, and that's before considering other moves such as Matt Ryan. 

The set of circumstances precluded anyone from having to fall on the Baker grenade before he really showed out as a straight up awful, non starting caliber QB rather than something closer to an average QB.  I don't know if that happens if Cleveland doesn't land Watson. Just means a team will likely do it with someone else now, which is kind of the point. 

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

I didn't start that thread.

Our conversation was basically about front offices doing stupid stuff, not on the ability of Baker (the idea would have been that baker's play would have been the same). I've been one of the most consistent anti Baker people on this board. Cleveland held him and bottomed him out which was a good move. Of course, they did do by trading assets for Watson and giving him a fully guaranteed deal, which kind of goes back to my point about front offices doing stupid stuff. One of my responses to you was about Denver, Pitt and Washington potentially going after him and giving him a decent deal.

One team made a trade for a QB that may set their team back half a decade, one traded for Carson Wentz, and one signed trubisky and used a first on Kenny Pickett. Teams do stupid stuff when it comes to QB. The only one of those moves that may be good is the Pickett selection, and that's before considering other moves such as Matt Ryan. 

The set of circumstances precluded anyone from having to fall on the Baker grenade before he really showed out as a straight up awful, non starting caliber QB rather than something closer to an average QB.  I don't know if that happens if Cleveland doesn't land Watson. Just means a team will likely do it with someone else now, which is kind of the point. 

teams absolutely do stupid stuff, but with #6? I knew no team in the right mind would pay him a Teddy B type deal 

4 hours ago, evilpimp972 said:

The difference between them is that neither had the roster Baker had in Cleveland (and btw Baker didn't look like a competent QB last year), this is what you're arguing btw "situation matters".

Not the point, Geno is playing better than Baker ever did, without the benefit of a elite oline and run game to support him, the team is living and dying by Geno's arm, that never happened with Baker

Baker looked like a competent QB before he severely injured his shoulder last year. I don't care what Geno is doing. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. 

He's already benched and released, been an immature SOB since his college days, stop acting like this is the kind of leader you want.

Don't care. I do want him. I don't want Wentz. And looky there, the Rams got him. Yay me.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Called it!

1 hour ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Remember that game where Mac Jones had like 3 passes?

That'll be Thursday if Baker plays.

He's not starting on Thursday. Those who watch will receive the traumatic experience of watching John Wolford try to play QB.

Edited by jrry32

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's not starting on Thursday. Those who watch will receive the traumatic experience of watching John Wolford try to play QB.

All of us non Rams fans will surely be praying for your traumatic experience and suffering.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

All of us non Rams fans will surely be praying for your traumatic experience and suffering.

I look forward to the day we let Baker cook. Tutu Atwell will be happy. Wolford's weak arm cost him a 75 yard TD last week.