Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Just now, incognito_man said:

Nobody.

The answer is that nobody is damaged by that article. 

Can you give me more of a rebuttal than that? I’m not getting anything out of this conversation anymore. Feels like you have zero content to bring to the table and just want to be negative about mine. 

Aaron Rodgers literally had the New York Times write an article about him having a non existent Covid Toe. I don’t know what other evidence you need to be weary of what they write and say around this guy right now. There’s too much money for no BS to float in.

4 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

We find out if Gute planned to get rid of Rodgers like McGinn’s gut and Silverstein’s sources say based off whether or not Rodgers is a Packer this year.

But that still isn't 100% relevant to the story posted. The story is about a conversation that happened in the past. A snapshot in time. That at one point Gutekunst was ready to move on from Rodgers.

It doesn't say that no variables could change that change the system/dynamic at a later date. It doesn't say Gutekunst is for sure getting rid of Rodgers today or tomorrow or next week or next month. It's just a snapshot, man. Why are reading more into it?

Just read the article for what it is. I don't understand why you're assigning so much weight to this article. You're the only one upset about on a forum filled with some of the biggest Packer fans in the world many of whom jump at every chance to **** on Rodgers. And the other half jump at every opportunity to defend him. 

If this article doesn't even get traction here of all places, it ain't gonna do **** anywhere else. 

It doesn't move the needle even a little bit. In any direction. It's not even clear what direction it would move if it did.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

But that still isn't 100% relevant to the story posted. The story is about a conversation that happened in the past. A snapshot in time. That at one point Gutekunst was ready to move on from Rodgers.

It doesn't say that no variables could change that change the system/dynamic at a later date. It doesn't say Gutekunst is for sure getting rid of Rodgers today or tomorrow or next week or next month. It's just a snapshot, man. Why are reading more into it?

Just read the article for what it is. I don't understand why you're assigning so much weight to this article. You're the only one upset about on a forum filled with some of the biggest Packer fans in the world many of whom jump at every chance to **** on Rodgers. And the other half jump at every opportunity to defend him. 

If this article doesn't even get traction here of all places, it ain't gonna do **** anywhere else. 

It doesn't move the needle even a little bit. In any direction. It's not even clear what direction it would move if it did.

So your saying the articles are just a fart in a windstorm?...nah.  It's a cloud of toxic choking smoke.  If the said articles are true can't really see anything that would have changed Gute's mind.  Choking again in big moments?   Rodgers hasn't helped his cause at all this year.  Regardless I really can't stand McGinn he's always been a ******.  Think he's probably a closet Bears fan.  His article in no way helps the Packers at all. Just fanning the flames.  Silverstein he is alright.  

Believe there is probably some truth to the articles.  I am a huge Rodgers fan but I've also had enough.  I think it should be clear to any serious Packer fan it's time to move on.  Only thing that concerns me about McGinn's over the top incredibly negative article is possibly affecting Rodger's trade value and also damaging his relationship with the Packers.  Think he'll catch wind of what was said and is smart enough to discount it.  But it will still create some doubt and friction.  I'm a little miffed.

Edited by Scoremore

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Not just all of this, but that article (and many others) was posted because that’s the topic on everyone’s mind in Packer fandom at the moment. New takes and reports get posted every day, without fail. What are reporters going to do, stop working for a week because Rodgers is stuck in a sauna and can’t reply? He rarely directly addresses specific articles anyway so this whole conversation feels so surreal and absurd.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Norm said:

I don't get any of this discussion rn lol

Same ****, different day.

McGinn is spinning crap. 

The same certain poster is saying that Gute is a terrible GM.  Could be PackFan13 or something like that.

And Mr. Anonymous is beating his own chest, again, for no reason.  While sniping at other posters for their "bad" takes, which is oh so ironic.

Then we have tons of banter around Rodgers future.

Typical drama the likes of which is usually seen on a soap opera.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scoremore said:

So your saying the articles are just a fart in a windstorm?...nah.  It's a cloud of toxic choking smoke.  If the said articles are true can't really see anything that would have changed Gute's mind.  Choking again in big moments?   Rodgers hasn't helped his cause at all this year.  Regardless I really can't stand McGinn he's always been a ******.  Think he's probably a closet Bears fan.  His article in no way helps the Packers at all. Just fanning the flames.  Silverstein he is alright.  

Believe there is probably some truth to the articles.  I am a huge Rodgers fan but I've also had enough.  I think it should be clear to any serious Packer fan it's time to move on.  Only thing that concerns me about McGinn's over the top incredibly negative article is possibly affecting Rodger's trade value and also damaging his relationship with the Packers.  Think he'll catch wind of what was said and is smart enough to discount it.  But it will still create some doubt and friction.  I'm a little miffed.

I don't think anything McGinn says these days has much clout.  He's not a beat reporter, and is not even in the GB area any longer.  Silverstein is probably way more plugged in than McGinn is at this point in time.  He actually may feel Aaron's wrath at some point since he is actually out there asking questions of Rodgers on the regular.

As for any of this hurting the trade value .. I would doubt it.  Everyone already knows that there has been a lot of friction between Aaron and the front office.  It's kind of baked in already.  Teams are also well aware that Aaron is prickly.  They'll overlook it because he's potentially still good enough to get them to where they want to go.

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   

I keep hearing if Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to be traded the Packers are stuck with him and his $60M contract in 2023 - Nah.

If the Packers want to move Rodgers they can & will move him. They'd take a conditional late round pick over paying $60M for a player they don't want.

Now, I don't think the situation gets to this point.

But let's not pretend the Packers' hands are tied if Rodgers wants to continue playing football in Green Bay.

6 hours ago, Nightmare said:

There is no McAfee shows this Tuesday, they’re taking the week off.

I think Rodgers is done with McAfee for the season anyway.  I'm sure Rodgers could jump on when/if he wants, but I think the regular every Tuesday morning stuff is done.  

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   

I keep hearing if Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to be traded the Packers are stuck with him and his $60M contract in 2023 - Nah.

If the Packers want to move Rodgers they can & will move him. They'd take a conditional late round pick over paying $60M for a player they don't want.

Now, I don't think the situation gets to this point.

But let's not pretend the Packers' hands are tied if Rodgers wants to continue playing football in Green Bay.

The cost of that is getting fleeced in a trade.  A conditional late round pick would raise some eyebrows IMO.

Gute needs to keep the possibility of Rodgers returning to Green Bay as leverage.