2023 FA Targets

dll2000

Chiefs RT Andrew Wiley is a sneaky underrated guy that doesn't get mentioned a whole lot but is a guy who I can see us targeting if he makes it to FA

Poles knows him well and he just had a heck of a game shutting down part of the fierce Eagles pass rush 

I can already see the comments coming that Andy Reid doesn't let players go if he thinks they're any good 😂

5 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

TEN WR Nick Westbrook-Ikhine  (6' 2", 27 years old)

He’s shown flickers of competence as a former UDFA that probably would’ve gotten a lot more looks for us if we could’ve given him an expanded committee role here last season. Might’ve been one of our more productive guys actually but with the overhaul I expect us to embrace at wr this year idk what his fit is. Although I will say ESB and Harry’s job at #4/5 should not be considered stable. Also, Westbrook Ikhine is 25, not 27. 

NO WR/TE Juwan Johnson (6' 4", 28 years old)

he’s 26. He’d be an excellent pickup to use in a lesser Gesicki role for cheaper than Gesicki would cost to be the #2 TE and occasional slot guy. His yard per game statline is pretty close to what I think of when I think of Kmet. 

PIT WR Miles Boykin (6' 4", 28 years old, born in Tinley Park)

He’s 26. I’m a huge notre dame fan and probable Homer, but Boykin has no value whatsoever. 

DET WR DJ Chark (6'4", 28 years old)

He’s also 26 😂 where did you get your age stats. Last year I would’ve been a little annoyed if we’d signed Chark but in all honesty he quite possibly would’ve led our team in yards and stopped us from trading for a WR that essentially matches his own production. His biggest weakness is staying on the field for the most part. He came alive at the end of the season and showed out. I think his success here would’ve been not just how he played, but how he affects others. Mooney wouldn’t command as many doubles and would’ve been more productive himself. It could’ve been a good signing for us last year, even with half the season missed. I wouldn’t veto him coming this time around. Maybe it’s that I’ve seen WR HELL now. But also I’m at a point where if it turns out Chase Claypool doesn’t have it, I don’t want to keep forcing the nothing to happen with him if we don’t have to. 

NO WR Marquez Callaway (6' 2", 26 years old)

he’s 24. Man you’re just living in the future, aren’t you? The funniest part about callaway is that he’s been in the league going on three years and he’s younger than another Tennessee WR on our roster, Mr. Velus Jones. Outside of circus catches though, he doesn’t do anything consistently. 

NYG WR Darius Slayton (6' 1", 27 years old)

26. My friend called me out recently on pounding the table for us to trade a low pick for Slayton in the preseason and I asked him what the hell he was talking about and then he hit me with a screenshot of myself saying it. So I guess I said it. I like Slayton quite a bit and wouldn’t mind him getting reps as the 3. 

TB WR Scotty Miller (5' 9", 26 years old, born in Barrington)

25. I was actually pretty high on Miller last year in wanting to attain him. At this point, I don’t have much interest. 

LAC WR Jalen Guyton (6' 1", 26 years old)

Decent speed to stretch the field a bit, assuming he makes a full recovery from acl injury. I don’t expect anything at all from him but at the same time view him as an upgrade from Esb. Esb is the floor. 

It was at this point I went back and read the thing you said about their ages being how old they’ll be next season. This little paragraph  will be my Jamarcus Russell kiss to you all to see who actually reads my posts. So if you call me out for being wrong and mocking you for the ages, it means you didn’t care enough to read my whole post. 

I love that Brock Wright made it to the nfl despite not doing a single thing at ND. Like, who has ever had less of a resume? Parham is an enormous TE but can’t stay on the field. Also had an almost catastrophic head injury 2 seasons ago. I was going to insult Akins age, saying we could get someone as good younger elsewhere before seeing he’s 8 days younger than me. He’s a real young guy, probably has 20 years of football left in him. Not old at all. 

Edited by Ty21

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I agree. I just said elsewhere that I would be down for giving Thomas a highly incentive laden contract. Want to be paid like a top 10 WR? Perform like one and you will. If not you get paid like a solid #2 at worst or somewhere in between.

I still think the best realistic move might be to go after Gesicki. He gets to be the move end, Kmet gets to block and be a top #2 option at TE, and the personnel match ups can be damn tough. They're too fast for a base defense (Mooney, Claypool, Gesicki, Kmet as the 4 eligible receivers) or they are too big for most nickel defenses to handle. You can move them around for a lot of alignments and vs almost any defense you should have an advantage in the run or pass game.

Throw Fields a pass play every call, let him make a read (or better yet get the play in fast AF and let Getsy help like McVay did for Goff) and then he can audible to runs either way as needed.

Gesicki and a high potential WR in the top 64 makes a lot of sense IMO. 

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

he’s 24. Man you’re just living in the future, aren’t you?

Nah man, if anything I'm living in the past. Or at least wanting to.

As far as the TE's go, I'm looking at them mostly as #2s. I think Akins in particular would come cheaply and has shown enough as a receiver on Houston teams that have not been great at passing the ball. I think he'd be a great option in 2 TE sets running outs, curls, and the like. Same thing with Parham, I wouldn't be counting on him to be the guy, even if we just run him on the goal line, you can do things with that size. Brock Wright will likely be retained by Detroit, there's no reason to expect they won't keep him for how little it will cost. Juwan Johnson would be a huge get, and no matter how much New Orleans like him, I expect their financial state will lead him to a new home.

Edited by chisoxguy7
typo

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Gesicki and a high potential WR in the top 64 makes a lot of sense IMO. 

I think a lot of where we draft a WR will depend on the specific return we receive trading down from 1. If we end up with just one second round pick as we have now, I really don't want us to it on a WR. I really do feel like our WR production will open up some once we iron out the issues on the OL and establish a more consistent ground game. I'm not saying we don't need more young WR talent, I just don't feel like this is the year to be using a day 1 or 2 pick (assuming we don't have multiple per round) on WR given the glaring issues on both lines.

• Like 1

My FA rankings right now of guys who I would be interested in taking into consideration what we need/scheme fit/age/cost…I always break guys down into 4 tiers…

Tier 1

RB Tony Pollard

WR Michael Thomas

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster

WR D.J Chark

TE Dalton Schultz

TE Mike Gesicki

OT Jawaan Taylor

OT Terence Steele

C Ethan Pocic

DE Dre’Mont Jones

DE Charles Omenihu

DE Marcus Davenport

DT Da’Ron Payne

DT Javon Hargrave

DT Zach Allen

DT Dalvin Tomlinson

LB Tremaine Edmunds

LB Bobby Okereke

LB T.J Edwards

CB Jamel Dean

S Jessie Bates III

Tier 2

RB Miles Sanders

RB Kareem Hunt

RB Damien Harris

WR Darius Slayton

WR Allen Lazard

WE Mecole Hardman

TE Foster Moreau

TE Hayden Hurst

OT Andre Dillard

OG Dalton Risner

OG Connor McGovern

C Garrett Bradbury

DE Dawuane Smoot

DE Dante Fowler

DE Adren Key

DE DeMarcus Walker

DE Jadeveon Clowney

DE Samson Ekubam

DT Sheldon Rankins

DT Jordan Phillips

DT A’Shawn Robinson

DT Teair Tart

LB Drew Tranquill

LB Andrew Van Ginkle

LB Germaine Pratt

LB Leighton Vander Esch

CB Sean Murphy-Bunting

CB Rock Ya-Sin

S Taylor Rapp

S Donovan Wilson

S Ryan Neal

S Juan Thornhill

S Terrell Edmunds

S Marcus Epps

Tier 3

RB Alexander Mattison

RB Samahe Perine

WR Jauan Jennings

WR Nick Westbrook-Ikhine

WR Parris Campbell

WR Ashton Dulin

TE Josh Oliver

OT Trey Pipkins

OG David Edwards

OG Nate Davis

OG Wes Schweitzer

C Evan Brown

DE Shaq Lawson

DE Rasheem Green

DE Yannick Ngakoue

DT Derrick Nnadi

DT Andrew Billings

DT Carlos Watkins

LB Anthony Walker

LB Raekwon McMillan

LB Ben Niemann

LB Cody Barton

LB Anthony Barr

CB Dane Jackson

CB Greedy Williams

CB Marcus Peters

CB Fabian Moreau

S Will Harris

S J.T Gray

S Nasir Adderley

S Nick Scott

S Joshua Kalu

Tier 4

RB Dontrell Hilliard

WR Mack Hollins

WR Justin Watson

WR Scottie Miller

WR Trent Sherfield

TE Drew Sample

OT Calvin Anderson

OT Cameron Erving

OT Cameron Fleming

DT Tevan Bryan

DT Kevin Strong Jr

3 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I think a lot of where we draft a WR will depend on the specific return we receive trading down from 1. If we end up with just one second round pick as we have now, I really don't want us to it on a WR. I really do feel like our WR production will open up some once we iron out the issues on the OL and establish a more consistent ground game. I'm not saying we don't need more young WR talent, I just don't feel like this is the year to be using a day 1 or 2 pick (assuming we don't have multiple per round) on WR given the glaring issues on both lines.

Depends also on how the draft goes. If a huge run on OT and IOL happens and JMS is off the board and we find ourselves with JSN or Flowers at 33 or 35, I won’t be mad. In general I’m a skills position fanatic and have always pined for those spots but I do agree the trenches need to be the absolute focus. 

12 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Why so low?

Ngakoue is a good player who is the type of situational pass rusher who a team that will be truly competing will pay a lot of money to on a 1 year deal but I don't see him as a great fit here...I think this coaching staff & FO will have pretty set views on players in terms of H/W/L...I think we will target every down players long before the likes of Ngakoue...maybe if we already had a few starting calibre DEs but right now the cupboard is just too bare.

• Like 1

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-cut-candidates-all-32-nfl-teams-joe-mixon-kenny-golladay-frank-clark-2023

NEW YORK JETS: WR COREY DAVIS

Salary Cap Details: $666,668 dead money, $10,500,000 cap savings

There has been discussion of the potential for a release of edge defender Carl Lawson, and the Jets certainly have more depth along the defensive line than at offensive line or wide receiver, but Lawson was productive in 2022. He was coming off a torn Achilles and logged 49 quarterback pressures and seven sacks, earning a 72.8 pass-rush grade in the process.

Davis is the big-bodied option on the Jets with shorter, faster rookie contract players around him, and he once again missed a chunk of time in the middle of the year before finishing the season off in underwhelming fashion. Davis had two receptions or fewer in four of his last six outings, and the Jets may look to feature Offensive Rookie of the Year Garrett Wilson while providing Elijah Moore with more consistent opportunities to keep him happy.

Davis could make a lot of sense for the right price if we want to go the route of a solid vet and high draft pick.

9 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

My FA rankings right now of guys who I would be interested in taking into consideration what we need/scheme fit/age/cost…I always break guys down into 4 tiers…

Tier 1

RB Tony Pollard

WR Michael Thomas

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster

WR D.J Chark

TE Dalton Schultz

TE Mike Gesicki

OT Jawaan Taylor

OT Terence Steele

C Ethan Pocic

DE Dre’Mont Jones

DE Charles Omenihu

DE Marcus Davenport

DT Da’Ron Payne

DT Javon Hargrave

DT Zach Allen

DT Dalvin Tomlinson

LB Tremaine Edmunds

LB Bobby Okereke

LB T.J Edwards

CB Jamel Dean

S Jessie Bates III

Tier 2

RB Miles Sanders

RB Kareem Hunt

RB Damien Harris

WR Darius Slayton

WR Allen Lazard

WE Mecole Hardman

TE Foster Moreau

TE Hayden Hurst

OT Andre Dillard

OG Dalton Risner

OG Connor McGovern

C Garrett Bradbury

DE Dawuane Smoot

DE Dante Fowler

DE Adren Key

DE DeMarcus Walker

DE Jadeveon Clowney

DE Samson Ekubam

DT Sheldon Rankins

DT Jordan Phillips

DT A’Shawn Robinson

DT Teair Tart

LB Drew Tranquill

LB Andrew Van Ginkle

LB Germaine Pratt

LB Leighton Vander Esch

CB Sean Murphy-Bunting

CB Rock Ya-Sin

S Taylor Rapp

S Donovan Wilson

S Ryan Neal

S Juan Thornhill

S Terrell Edmunds

S Marcus Epps

Tier 3

RB Alexander Mattison

RB Samahe Perine

WR Jauan Jennings

WR Nick Westbrook-Ikhine

WR Parris Campbell

WR Ashton Dulin

TE Josh Oliver

OT Trey Pipkins

OG David Edwards

OG Nate Davis

OG Wes Schweitzer

C Evan Brown

DE Shaq Lawson

DE Rasheem Green

DE Yannick Ngakoue

DT Derrick Nnadi

DT Andrew Billings

DT Carlos Watkins

LB Anthony Walker

LB Raekwon McMillan

LB Ben Niemann

LB Cody Barton

LB Anthony Barr

CB Dane Jackson

CB Greedy Williams

CB Marcus Peters

CB Fabian Moreau

S Will Harris

S J.T Gray

S Nasir Adderley

S Nick Scott

S Joshua Kalu

Tier 4

RB Dontrell Hilliard

WR Mack Hollins

WR Justin Watson

WR Scottie Miller

WR Trent Sherfield

TE Drew Sample

OT Calvin Anderson

OT Cameron Erving

OT Cameron Fleming

DT Tevan Bryan

DT Kevin Strong Jr

Above are guys from those lists (off top of my head) I would be looking harder at were it me.  

17 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Chiefs RT Andrew Wiley is a sneaky underrated guy that doesn't get mentioned a whole lot but is a guy who I can see us targeting if he makes it to FA

Poles knows him well and he just had a heck of a game shutting down part of the fierce Eagles pass rush 

I can already see the comments coming that Andy Reid doesn't let players go if he thinks they're any good 😂

Chiefs will be looking to keep him I bet.