2023 FA Targets

dll2000

I tinkered with that cap simulator but it seemed pretty bare bones in that it doesn’t even tell you where you’re at in cap space, nor does it add assumed value for the free agents you accrue? So I cut St Brown and Muhammad, restructured EJax to 11m and Whitehair to 9m. Somewhere south of 110m in cap not accounting for draft or extensions. I signed Payne ($20m), McGary ($13m), Ngakoue ($12m), Edmunds ($11m), Pocic ($8m), Okoronkwo ($6m), Shepard ($5m), and Greedy Williams ($5m). Then checked their value on spotrac after and Payne I was off by less than $1m, McGary off by $4m, Ngakoue off by $2m, Edmunds spot on, Pocic off by less than $1m, Okoronkwo got half that amount from the Texans last year but I feel like he didn’t play too terribly and could warrant a raise, although maybe not that much. Shepard maybe an overpay. Williams nothing to go off of, but could be an okay depth signing and also he has a bears signee kind of name. 

13 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Not if they have to use it on Danny Dimes

No idea if this is true (don't do twitter or insiders/beat writers, etc), but if so I am telling him to **** ALL the way off.

Or I might franchise him just to cut him after the draft  lol

om/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1627683276881010688?s=20

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

No idea if this is true (don't do twitter or insiders/beat writers, etc), but if so I am telling him to **** ALL the way off.

I will say this, there is a chance that alot of this is bad information.

The Giants and Jones' agents seemed to have first real negotiations after the playoffs, and the two things that came out of those; these rumors of asking for $40-$45m per year and Jones looking for new representation

That could mean a whole lot of things, but Jones seems like a level headed guy, so I have my assumptions of what happened

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

We don’t need the cap space, but it wouldn’t shock me to see him get a short extension this offseason. He was back to his playmaker ways last year before the injury. 4 INT and 2 FF in 12 games is damn good. 

Also wouldn't shock me to see him go.  I too thought he played well under this regime though.  

ESPN dropped a "Best Team fits for top 50 available players list" and Chicago (somewhat surprisingly, somewhat not?) pops up twice. 

#7 Mike McGlinchey - OT

#16 Dre'Mont Jones - DT

Obviously, both those guys make sense, so nothing really stands out there, and while i would rather have Taylor (NE) and Payne (WSH), i wouldn't complain

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Payne has probably always been a dream. At least this year. 

Yeah it was nice while it lasted but as I said a few days ago maybe Jones is the better (more realistic) target who fills a more versatile need…Payne would have been a beast though.