Elgton Jenkins Gets Paid (4 years, $68M)

Striker

I dig it.  You don't want to let your good young players leave for second contracts.

He deserves this.  His ability to play tackle helps out a ton, and hopefully he's better as a swing tackle in the future once he gets farther away from that knee injury.

Say what you want about guards and not paying them, once he went to LG with Bakh at LT (and now Tom), that line has been much, much beter.

Next year....Bakh/Tom, Jenkins, Myers, Runyan, Nijman.  Reserves.  Tom. Rhyan.  Newman. Walker.

That ain't a bad position at all.   

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I dig it.  You don't want to let your good young players leave for second contracts.

He deserves this.  His ability to play tackle helps out a ton, and hopefully he's better as a swing tackle in the future once he gets farther away from that knee injury.

Say what you want about guards and not paying them, once he went to LG with Bakh at LT (and now Tom), that line has been much, much beter.

Next year....Bakh/Tom, Jenkins, Myers, Runyan, Nijman.  Reserves.  Tom. Rhyan.  Newman. Walker.

That ain't a bad position at all.   

I like the way it’s shaping up and some of those young guys could take a big step including guys who have underwhelmed like Rhyan and Newman. I don’t know if coach Steno is the answer a OC but I hope he gets hands on with this position group.

One of the biggest strengths of Philly is that they’ve been developing and investing in a great and deep line for years. Once you get the guy under center, you can unlock the next level with that kind of team but even just a solid QB will thrive. That is an identity I want for the Pack. 

• Like 1