Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

People always want to throw out the defensive stat and never look at the stats that he can control. Plain and simple hes been an awful QB in the red zone. It’s not hate its facts. There are stats dating back years to show it. Focus on stats he can control 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Totty said:

You honestly think it was his choice? 😂 That dude if you like it or not is Raider through and through.  

As I typed my latest reply to you, it is confirmed Carr leaving the final two games was Carr’s choice. Complete Baker move. 

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

People always want to throw out the defensive stat and never look at the stats that he can control. Plain and simple hes been an awful QB in the red zone. It’s not hate its facts. There are stats dating back years to show it. Focus on stats he can control 

I don't completely disagree with this.  He should have done better.  I just don't see a scenario in the near future that it gets better. I hope I'm wrong.  

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

As I typed my latest reply to you, it is confirmed Carr leaving the final two games was Carr’s choice. Complete Baker move. 

Highly doubt this.  It might be true, I think there's more to the story.  But I can't prove it so I digress.  

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr removing himself from the team the final two games (confirmed his choice) is such a Baker Mayfield move. People are quick to judge Baker because he has an ego, and hesitant to judge Carr because he is a “nice guy”, but Carr should be judged for this. He has always been sensitive and self absorbed over any reports of the team moving on. He has never reacted like a business professional. And him not showing up the final two games just shows how selfish he really is. If anyone buys the “distraction” excuse you are more naive than I can describe. It’s a selfish move out of being sensitive, bitter, and emotional. Carr cares about himself. I’ve been telling people stop falling for that nice guy act. His examples of being immature and self absorbed over the years have been plenty. 

Good riddance, stay at home Carr. 

Another reply of mine from NFL General. 

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

Lol he threw the Fresno Hoodie on too. He will get over it. Better targets will help him get over it.

Honestly, looking at Adams age, he has one very elite Top 3 WR season left, followed by two very good Top 10 WR non elite seasons after that, before he becomes meh. It’s not like he is this 26 year old Top 5 WR we need to make happy at all costs. 

Also, Adams might be bitter now, but once he has someone throwing him good balls as you suggest, he’ll forget all about this. Even he knows deep down that Carr wasn’t very good. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Per the athletic, Ziegler and McDaniels were leaning toward Carr playing and Mark Davis "stepped in" to help facilitate the benching. Oh my god if that's true this is an absolute disaster.

Even if McDaniels and Ziegler were leaning towards Carr playing, they were 90% likely ditching him at the end of the season. 

Happy to see the franchise turn the page on the Carr era. I’m tired of mediocrity and excited to see what a competent front office will do with the additional draft capital and cap space. If that means 2023 is a tough year then so be it. Ziegler and JMD should be looking at this through a 3-5 year lens and not a year-to-year perspective. 

I also think it’s incredibly selfish and disappointing to see Carr abandon his teammates for the last 2 games. If he really is who he says he is then he should suck it up and take the 2 weeks of free million dollar plus game checks with a smile.

This franchise gave him $150 million dollars in less than a decade and stood behind him as QB1 when many others would have moved on. He was given every opportunity to be a 12-15 year starter and he shrunk in the big moments. That’s on HIM. Not on Mark Davis, Dave Ziegler, Josh McDaniels or anybody else. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Happy to see the franchise turn the page on the Carr era. I’m tired of mediocrity and excited to see what a competent front office will do with the additional draft capital and cap space. If that means 2023 is a tough year then so be it. Ziegler and JMD should be looking at this through a 3-5 year lens and not a year-to-year perspective. 

I also think it’s incredibly selfish and disappointing to see Carr abandon his teammates for the last 2 games. If he really is who he says he is then he should suck it up and take the 2 weeks of free million dollar plus game checks with a smile.

This franchise gave him $150 million dollars in less than a decade and stood behind him as QB1 when many others would have moved on. He was given every opportunity to be a 12-15 year starter and he shrunk in the big moments. That’s on HIM. Not on Mark Davis, Dave Ziegler, Josh McDaniels or anybody else. 

Agree with his post word for word. 

• Like 1