BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

10 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Less than 1 week until the season kicks off! 

discussion question: what are your top BDL player questions that you are watching for in this first week that could help define your season and beyond? 

Raleigh:

#1 What does Bryce Young look like in his first game action? 

#2 Will Jalen Carter live up to all this off-season hype and did I steal a potential defensive superstar? 

#3 Is Michael Thomas finally healthy and what version of this player am I getting after all of this time?

#4 Similarly, is Shaq Leonard finally healthy and does he play like Darius Leonard?

Co-#5’s- Does Russ bounce back with Peyton or is who he was last year just who he is? Does Daniel Jones take another step with Daboll or was last season his ceiling?
Will either play well enough to make a 3up decision very interesting next season? 

Berlin

#1 - Do either of the first year starters at QB show enough to be BDL playoff quality?

#2 - How do the young WRs progress?

#3 - How do the young edge rushers behind Hendrickson and Houston progress?

#4 - How do the young DTs behind Quinnen and Derrick progress?

#5 - Do the rookie CBs stand up to BDL WRs?

Really boils down to young guys developing.

13 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Less than 1 week until the season kicks off! 

discussion question: what are your top BDL player questions that you are watching for in this first week that could help define your season and beyond? 

Cuba

1. Can Deshaun Watson ascend to his previous level of play?

2. What does a Von Miller/Rashan Gary pass rush look like coming off of injury?

3. Can anyone of Charbonnet/Perine/J.Williams cement themselves as RB2?

4. What does Calvin Ridley look like after a year plus long suspension?

5. Is Charles Cross able to take the next step as a left tackle in BDL?

I feel like the answers to these questions will go a long way toward defining our season.

Edited by MD4L

@Scoundrel @Xmad @Ragnarok @Malfatron @TedLavie @Blue @MWil23 @MD4L @Whicker @Pickle Rick @PR @InjuredReserve @RuskieTitan @rackcs @WFLukic @EaglesPeteC @bcb1213 @RedGold

I guess send all Waiver claims to me by Midnight on Wednesdays.

Unless someone else wants to do half the game threads I'll do those too but there will be several weeks where things will be late as I have a lot of vacation coming up this month and next.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I mean if we just went to move waivers to Thursdays at 9 AM I can run them without much issue throughout the year

I don't see an issue posting the stuff until then. We've just always had the deadline for Wed and Midnight. I don't see there being a ton of claims this season because Cap/Roster space it tight across the league.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I don't see an issue posting the stuff until then. We've just always had the deadline for Wed and Midnight. I don't see there being a ton of claims this season because Cap/Roster space it tight across the league.

I think the main issue we ran into last year is the potential of people switching claims in pm in the hours between deadline and posting

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I can do the game threads again this year.    Can do all of them besides mine if I need to 

OK. We would still need to find a 3rd party for week 1. I don't mind doing half for most of the year. Just a few weekends I will be out of town without a computer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I mean if we just went to move waivers to Thursdays at 9 AM I can run them without much issue throughout the year

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

You both have my waiver wire claim.

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

I think the main issue we ran into last year is the potential of people switching claims in pm in the hours between deadline and posting

Yeah, I think simply moving the deadline to the following morning solves the issue. People don't know if they got their claim a little later potentially, but if you're counting on a Thursday morning waiver to make your gameplan, you're down bad anyways.

• Like 1