Is Nick Chubb on a HOF pace?

Kiwibrown

Nick Chubb HOF?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Chubb

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ChubNi00.htm

He has had one of the most efficient/productive starts to an NFL career as a running back in NFL history. He has never averaged less than 5ypc.

while averaging 84 ypg. 

He reguarly scores TDs and has been the best player on the offense. 

He has had some amazing highlights, never having a long TD of less than 40 yards in his career. 

He seems to be a high character person too. 

after 5 seasons he has 6300+ rushing yards and 51 total TDs 

He is 27 and does not appear to have dropped off. I think he will have atleast 3 more highly productive years of 1k rushing and around 10 tds 

32 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Fun fact: No active players are in the current Top 40 for career rushing yards. 

Quite the reflection of an era change huh? It's pretty funny how it took until like 2010 for teams to figure out you should have multiple good RBs instead of just one who you give 400 carries a season.

4 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

He should be on pace, but people who cry about All-Pros instead of actually watching guys play will say no.

That's what sucks. 1 2nd All-Pro team isn't enough unfortunately, even though he's been the most efficient back in the league for years.

4 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

He should be on pace, but people who cry about All-Pros instead of actually watching guys play will say no.

I don't know. Everyone is clamoring for Frank Gore to be enshrined. 

John Henry Johnson is in, and has zero first team All Pro selections. Chubb can make it. It's a shame he has to play for the Browns though. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I don't know. Everyone is clamoring for Frank Gore to be enshrined. 

John Henry Johnson is in, and has zero first team All Pro selections. Chubb can make it. It's a shame he has to play for the Browns though. 

Eh I wouldn't say everyone. Besides, Gore is 3rd all time in Rush yards. Chubb won't reach that high on the counting stats because he's probably not gonna play 16 seasons. JHJ also played in a different era, was more of a blocker than a runner, and was part of a legendary team (Million Dollar Backfield). I'm also sure that a bunch of knuckleheads will cry "no ringzzzz" as well.

7 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Quite the reflection of an era change huh? It's pretty funny how it took until like 2010 for teams to figure out you should have multiple good RBs instead of just one who you give 400 carries a season.

Other side of that coin will be QB with absurd passing yd/TD totals because of that change, because of the extra games.

Longevity especially now in this time share Era still matters. On pace yes, but needs several more seasons at this level.

To me, no he isn't on pace, though I think he has the talent. Up until I feel that the use was sort of like Charles, though their style is obviously different. Super efficient but wasn't get a ton of touches. We can debate if that should matter, but I think historically being a bell cow does. Now I fully acknowledge that may change by the time he's up for voting given the way RBs are now used, but I think he needs some more seasons where he is more THE feature back rather than the lead back in a time share.

EDIT: Didn't realize how many carries he got in 2019. I would probably change my vote then to yes. It looks like he is getting more touches than it seemed to me. Maybe because it seems he gets them into the RZ and then they decide to throw Hunt in there for no reason.

First Hall of Beast induction. 

Chubb is probably my second favorite RB to watch, ever, behind Barry Sanders (very contrasting styles though). Such a beast and physical runner. AP is my third, probably would be my second but he milked his career too long giving me a sour taste. 

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

uhh

FcZhWMuWYAMM-EZ?format=jpg&name=small

uhhh

FUlgNwiXEAEhGNq.jpg:large

UUHHHHH

E7zMRV1VkAAJ6yx.jpg

UUUUUUUUHHHHH

Ff-HBgBXwAI1XAu.jpg

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FkhIij-XoAEuutl.jpg:large

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

UhhhUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

E6lKQ-WXsAAgMNH?format=jpg&name=small

quite the stats you provided. Chubb is a great RB and fun to watch despite being on a team other than the team I  pull for.   It also is worth noting that in some systems he might actually get more carries /yards if he wasn't sharing snaps as much.  His average per carry  stands out  too because  thats over a few years and up there with all time greats. 

Will he get to the HOF? No idea. 100% has the talent for it, though. He's an absolute machine and can really do it all. He's even pretty good catching the ball out of the backfield, but for whatever reason, just doesn't get a ton of chances.

Prior to this year, I was fine with him splitting reps with Hunt as Hunt was a really good RB in his own right. This year it was frustrating when Chubb was taken out for Hunt, because Hunt just didn't have it this season.