2023 Overseas home teams announced

Trentwannabe

NFL should do 4 international games a year, make it simple, rotate one division every year being the "home" team for those games. So AFC East one year, NFC North next, and so on. Would make every team lose a home game more consistently that way. They could even go up to 8 if they want, add in Mexico City or something like that.

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

NFL should do 4 international games a year, make it simple, rotate one division every year being the "home" team for those games. So AFC East one year, NFC North next, and so on. Would make every team lose a home game more consistently that way. They could even go up to 8 if they want, add in Mexico City or something like that.

Probably what you’re already saying but if it’s one division it could be that since there’s two division games a year, when rotating that year, two international games are played that year. One that’s “home” and one that’s “away”. That way there’s no competitive disadvantage from losing a home game.

3 hours ago, The Gnat said:

at least they're sticking to the teams of the conference with an extra home game.

Thankfully it doesn't appear that any of the selected teams are going to be screwed like the Seahawks were by forcing them to host a game at 6:30 AM in their local time, as these are all eastern/central teams.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Who are the away teams though?

Wouldn't shock me if Atlanta had 1 of those games. They play both JAcksonville and Tennessee this year on the road. So instead of a short road trip for a guy like me who lives in Atlanta, we'd have to fly to freaking London.

• Like 1

As I suspected, the whole idea of the 17th game was to expand the international series. It was just too much money to leave on the table otherwise. Season ticket holders lose the extra game, but the owners make bank. That's what it was always about. I'd expect many, MANY more games added in the coming years, especially Mexico City, Toronto, and maybe Paris in the future.

• Like 1