2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

46 minutes ago, massraider said:

This is laughable.

The Ravens have been leaking info for a long time. 

Agreed. I swore when I read those ESPN articles back in February and even last week, they were all citing team sources with knowledge of the negotiation. But I guess those don't count because it goes against the narrative that Ravens have done nothing wrong. Even the article about Lamar's contract demand was reported from at the owners meeting by Fowler citing team sources. Rapaport (NFLN) reporting after Lamar publicized the trade request that the team was still negotiating with Lamar the past two weeks. Late last week he tweeted that the Ravens still wanted to sign him to a contract extension.

Edited by typecast

There's no real debate among Ravens' fans on either side of the Lamar issue when it comes to leaks. It's one of the few areas where there is agreement between people who have taken in and argued over every bit and scrap of information on the subject. I'm sure you guys @typecast @massraider  have a better read on the situation though...........

27 minutes ago, typecast said:

But I guess those don't count because it goes against the narrative that Ravens have done nothing wrong.

^^^Also this 'guilty party' fixation stuff is cringe posturing often done by the least informed observers who aren't typically even Ravens fans. 

I can understand an outsider being interested in the ramifications of the deal Lamar is seeking or even him being able to negotiate with other teams under the non-exclusive tag, but all of this investment into the potential 'morality' of either party is so weird. It's just a player seeking the most money he can get and a club/league seeking the best deal they can get. It's not that deep.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:27 PM, incognito_man said:

I agree he is, but this is just a regurgitation of info from others.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He is, but he's regurgitating that previous rumor.

Did you guys just become best friends?!?

I understand that. I guess it's what I should expect from a guy like Florio, but a responsible journalist, if we are calling him that, would do some research and see how little sense that a move like this would make for our team in its current state. 

31 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I understand that. I guess it's what I should expect from a guy like Florio, but a responsible journalist, if we are calling him that, would do some research and see how little sense that a move like this would make for our team in its current state. 

Putting my distaste for Florio aside, let's not pretend like the 49ers couldn't create the cap space to acquire Aaron Rodgers.  I'm not saying they would, but they have avenues to create cap space to do so if they so desired.