What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

Jets have an inflated view of their team. 

OL is in shambles.

LT is currently an injury prone Becton

LG is Tomlinson coming off a down season

C is vacant as McGovern is a free agent

RG is AVT who had a season ending injury 

RT is Mitchell who has bloodclots 

Receivers are all inconsistent or whiny. G. Wilson was the best of the bunch while the rest barely showed up half the time

Tight Ends are decent but not special 

Running Backs are Breece Hall with a torn ACL, Michael Carter who declined, Knight who is a jag, Johnson who is a jag

Defense is good but needs upgrades at Safety(old and bad) Linebacker(year older, will slow down eventually), Interior DL(QWill and Rankins need new deals and the rest stink) and a finisher off the EDGE(all guys are good rotational pieces but need that “Bosa”)

Punter costed us multiple games this season.

This is why I said a coaching change will do so much more for the offense than a new QB will because you don’t have to give up assets for the coach and can get the OL in shape and fill the rest of the holes. 

9 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Probably just misunderstood.  The 2024 season impacts the 2024 pick. 

My thought was 2nd this year and 1 next year assuming he plays like 70% of the snaps or they make the playoffs or it drops to a 2nd.  Something along those lines is what I think it will be.

Because if you're paying less now, you have to pay more in the future.  That means a guaranteed FRP.

8 hours ago, General Tso said:

I feel like I haven't seen any other team linked to Rodgers besides the Jets?

Jets seem to be the only one where it’s openly coming from the front office.

There have been links to the Raiders through Davante Adams’ social media activity and the fact Rodgers has bought property just outside Vegas, but nothing as clear as the Jets’ interest.

Fwiw I don’t think Rodgers to the Raiders makes a whole lot of sense, primarily because him & Josh McDaniels seems like a horrible clash of personalities/egos. But at the same time it wouldn’t surprise me if Mark Davis forced his GM to go all-in for Rodgers because he’s impatient and desperate to try and win now.

4 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Explain why JD is an idiot please? 

There was literally no reason to hire Hackett before Aaron Rodgers made his intentions known asking to be traded. No one was hiring him after the Denver debacle, no one!

Douglas, like Denver is "hoping" that will sway Aaron to come to the Jets. Same thing Denver thought would occur last year and it backfired 10 fold.

Anyone suggesting Nathaniel Hackett of all people was the correct hire to help fix Zach Wilson really has some explaining to do because I'm not buying it. That's why.

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

There was literally no reason to hire Hackett before Aaron Rodgers made his intentions known asking to be traded. No one was hiring him after the Denver debacle, no one!

Douglas, like Denver is "hoping" that will sway Aaron to come to the Jets. Same thing Denver thought would occur last year and it backfired 10 fold.

Anyone suggesting Nathaniel Hackett of all people was the correct hire to help fix Zach Wilson really has some explaining to do because I'm not buying it. That's why.

No one was hiring Hackett for a HC position - correct - but he's got a history at coordinator that made him a qualified candidate for the job.....plus, I question how much he was hired to fix ZW. Is that what the NY media was putting out. I think the Jets might think Wilson's ship has sailed....I know all Wilson's teammates think so. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

One year of Rodgers isn’t worth what it will take to get him. Jets need to stay the course and do the work. Raiders should target Jimmy G. Carr stinks(yes this was random).

Carr is better than Jimbo, and not made of glass. Jimmy G was propped up by Shanahan and will struggle in '23 if he isn't dropped into a very good situation. TB could be that spot if the OL comes back to form 

Edited by adamq

58 minutes ago, adamq said:

Carr is better than Jimbo, and not made of glass. Jimmy G was propped up by Shanahan and will struggle in '23 if he isn't dropped into a very good situation. TB could be that spot if the OL comes back to form 

Carr being better than Jimbo Fisher is obvious. Not sure what you’re saying in regards to that.

11 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Jets have an inflated view of their team. 

OL is in shambles.

LT is currently an injury prone Becton

LG is Tomlinson coming off a down season

C is vacant as McGovern is a free agent

RG is AVT who had a season ending injury 

RT is Mitchell who has bloodclots 

Receivers are all inconsistent or whiny. G. Wilson was the best of the bunch while the rest barely showed up half the time

Tight Ends are decent but not special 

Running Backs are Breece Hall with a torn ACL, Michael Carter who declined, Knight who is a jag, Johnson who is a jag

Defense is good but needs upgrades at Safety(old and bad) Linebacker(year older, will slow down eventually), Interior DL(QWill and Rankins need new deals and the rest stink) and a finisher off the EDGE(all guys are good rotational pieces but need that “Bosa”)

Punter costed us multiple games this season.

This is why I said a coaching change will do so much more for the offense than a new QB will because you don’t have to give up assets for the coach and can get the OL in shape and fill the rest of the holes. 

If this is indeed the situation in NY Rodgers would be nuts to agree to go there.   If Rodgers wants to continue playing he'll be back in GB in 2023 unless Packers' management feels Love is ready to go just like Rodgers was in 2008.  If they want to go with Love they will approach Rodgers and accommodate him by trading him to a team of his preference.

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I think Saleh likes Hackett too though. Either way I hate the hire.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think Saleh likes Hackett too though. Either way I hate the hire.

In the 3 years he was GB's offensive coordinator we were in the conference championship game twice and the #1 seed in 2021.  

• Like 1