What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

While I disagree with the bills no longer looking like they are as they were with out key starters for majority of season and that is for another discussion to be had. I think the Jets have some pieces offensively in hall and wilson along with a couple more weapons....They will still need to find an oline with Becton always hurt, Brown and Tomlinson while played decent they still ended up struggling at times, and alija coming off IR, not to mention McGovern hitting free agency that oline needs to be revamped by at least 2-3 players. Let me ask you as a jets fan do you really want the guy? He is 40 years old, his numbers have declined from the previous year, has proven time and time again he is not a team player as his teammates even acknowledged that (see romeo doubs convo), the cost it would be financially and draft capital, not to mention he seems like a flaky person in the sense if you agreed to trade for him a week later he can hang it up and call it a career. I know Carr is not the same caliber qb as Rodgers but he has put up solid numbers if you have looked at his last 5 years even with mcdaniels as his hc this year he is still averaging 67% completion, 4100+ yards a season, 23 td a season, and 11 ints. Carr gets no love cause his defense has been bottom 5 majority of his career. He doesnt have to put up 35+ points each week to win as the jets d proved this year that they can keep teams under that. Carr gives you 4-5 year window to get to the superbowl. Rodgers gets you 1-2. 

Bills are still good to great so don't take my comment the wrong way but you looked like the odds on favorite to steam roll the AFC and looked mortal down the stretch.  Yes injuries happened but it's still a concern and I have no idea if you are able to keep guys like Poyer and Edmunds who were key pieces to your D.

Anyway yes I want Rodgers.  He has much respect for our OC and seems like a guy who wants one more ring before he goes and I think NY can offer that.  They have the D in place, they can front load contracts, maybe find a vet ring chaser to sign on, restructure deals to max out the talent for a 2-4 year window with Rodgers.  Rodgers is 1-year removed from 4,100 yards, 37 TDs and what 8 INTs or something like that.  He had a bad supporting cast at WR and he played with a broken thumb.  Could easily explain why he regressed.  

I legit think Rodgers puts the Jets near the CIN/KC level and in that case any given Sunday so why not.  He won't cost too much to acquire because he has leverage and a say where he goes.  2 this year conditional 1 next and I do that all day every day. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 1:36 PM, showtime said:

Not really sure what the Niners can do, but it feels like Brady should have went there and now Rodgers should go there. That team has been so good, but they're just a QB away. Maybe they think Purdy is that guy or Lance. Not to take anything away from Purdy because he played great all things considered, but the Niners didn't really beat that many good teams during their like 10+ game win streak.

The Trey Lance trade screwed them over so hard. They moved heaven and earth to get the dude and he's not even a top 2 QB on their roster.

I would rather have Brady right now. Wouldn't have to give up picks, cheaper, and he's not (quite as big)  an arrogant ahole

NY Jets or Carolina are two places I think make a ton of sense. I don't know where GB stands with Aaron Jones, but it could be a package deal. Lazard could follow him to be WR2

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

One OL and WR group had Rodgers the other had Zack Wilson.  AVT is on the Jets interior and he's all-pro caliber.  The Jets OL was banged up bad and Zack held the ball longer than any other QB.  No sane person is swapping the Jets offensive roster for the Packers.  Plus the Jets D is significantly better too.

I'm not sure I'd agree with you.  They're probably fairly close tbh.  Looking at the OL, David Bakhtiari and Elgton Jenkins would easily be starting OL for the Jets, and I'd argue that Jenkins and AVT are probably close enough in terms of value.  Aside from those 3, I think your OL is largely preference.  Aaron Jones is a more proven version of Breece Hall, and that's coming from someone who had Breece Hall as the clear RB1 in last year's draft.  As far as WRs go, I think it's kinda hard to do a straight comparison of Wilson and Watson given that Watson didn't stay healthy.  On a per target basis, Watson was actually more productive than Wilson (91 receptions, 1360 receiving yards, 16 TD receptions vs. 83 receptions, 1103 passing yards, and 4 TD receptions).  I'd still say the track record favors Wilson, but I don't think the gap is as much as you think it is.  Corey Davis and Allen Lazard are probably a wash as is Elijah Moore and Romeo Doubs.

4 hours ago, General Tso said:

The Jets are about equal to GB in terms of offensive talent this season. Wilson had a better year, but Watson also had good production. GB has 2 good RBs, Jets had their RB die. The Jets' interior OL is also awful. GB, despite injuries, had the #2 ranked OL according to DVOA. If Rodgers went there, it would be a wash or maybe even worse than just continuing in the same system with familiarity.

Won't dispute the Raiders though.

We'll have to agree to disagree. 

WRs: Packers have arguably the worst group in the league besides maybe Tennessee. The only threat we had from this group was Watson who was invisible for half the year and is injury prone. Lazard is a JAG, Doubs has potential but he's still a 4th round rookie. Cobb is over the Hill. I'm easily taken Jets WR corp of Wilson, Moore(who i'm very high on) and Corey Davis over our group

TE: No question, advantage Jets with Conklin. We might have the most un-athletic TE group in the league. Tonyan looks like he's running in quick sand and Mercedes Lewis, while a great blocking TE, is still 38 who's best days are behind him

RB: Aaron Jones is great. But for some reason that is a mystery to all Packers fans, we refuse to feature him in our offense. He'll blow up one week and then we'll refuse to give him the ball for the next 2 to 3 weeks. AJ Dillon was noticeably slower this year and is an average RB at best right now. Breece Hall is coming back from an ACL so to be determined how he looks. I'll give slight advantage to the Packers here

OL: Hardest position group to quantify due to how important Rodgers is to pre-snap adjustments. Bakh and Elgton are obviously great and look recovered from their ACL injuries. Myers has been a disappointment and the right side of our OL is weak. 

20 hours ago, vike daddy said:

yeah, but i'd say GB isn't likely to.

Rodgers has leverage plus who is offering more for a guy contemplating retirement?  What do you think it's going to take to land him?  More than a 1 and 2?  The 1 will likely just be contingent so if he retires in 2024 (which I don't think he will unless he wins a ring) they cover themselves so it drops to a 2 or 3.  The contingency will likely be easy to hit like make playoffs or play 70% of the snaps in 2024. 

On 1/30/2023 at 1:36 PM, showtime said:

Not really sure what the Niners can do, but it feels like Brady should have went there and now Rodgers should go there. That team has been so good, but they're just a QB away. Maybe they think Purdy is that guy or Lance. Not to take anything away from Purdy because he played great all things considered, but the Niners didn't really beat that many good teams during their like 10+ game win streak.

The Trey Lance trade screwed them over so hard. They moved heaven and earth to get the dude and he's not even a top 2 QB on their roster.

Why would GB make a deal with SF?  They don't have a 1st or second round pick to offer.  IF Green Bay decides to trade Rodgers ( and that is still an unknown) they will want to make a deal with another team that can help the Packers with picks and accommodate Rodgers.

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Rodgers has leverage plus who is offering more for a guy contemplating retirement? 

What leverage do you speak of, curious? Aaron Rodgers has as much leverage as Sean Payton. He's under contract. Can't "Retire", then go where ever he wants afterwards. GB isn't trading him within the NFC unless blown away with compensation. 

While they aren't going to get ridiculous compensation,  they aren't and don't have to give him away for penny's on the dollar even to get rid of the cry baby headache He's become.

GB will set a price, teams will match or they won't.  He can retire but in all honesty will do exactly what he did last year. Come back to the Packers to collect his $50M scratch off ticket!!! 👌

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 4