What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

Honestly the Jets should be the odds on favorite here to pull a deal.  I do think they prefer to go AFC unless an NFC blows them away which seems unlikely.  Next I think Rodgers has leverage where he's not going somewhere he doesn't have an immediate chance to win which limits team there too.  The Jets just got his old OC, they have the capital to land him, they offer the best chance to win, and they have a regime running out of time.  They have a top defense and they offer a nice group of weapons ready to go.  Not really any other options that can say that.

I think a 2023 2nd, a 2024 1st, and a 2024 4th would get it done.  Honestly after that they should go full LAR a sell out for a ring in that 2-year window.  Back load deals, trade for an unhappy vet on the cheap, and go all in.  They could probably sure up a few weaknesses and have a true contender.  No point in getting Rodgers and then hoping for the best go all in.  

I think his trade value is kind of low....fact is he is just older...and Are we just straight up cool with Jordan Love sitting his entire rookie contract? And this isnt like Garrapollo where team are curious about Love....this is just waste haha

Im saying Jets 2nd and Zac Wilson....

Jets get Rodgers to play and develop Mike White

Packers get Zac Wilson and Jordan Love to duke it out as the new young guy

Honestly I like both QB rooms.....Rodgers and Mike White under Hackett in NYC us fun...plus a decent WR room

Green Bay with Jordan Love and Zac Wilson is pretty fun also

3 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

I think his trade value is kind of low....fact is he is just older...and Are we just straight up cool with Jordan Love sitting his entire rookie contract? And this isnt like Garrapollo where team are curious about Love....this is just waste haha

Honestly I like both QB rooms.....Rodgers and Mike White under Hackett in NYC us fun...plus a decent WR room

I don't think GB would have any interest in Wilson.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

Wilson probably isn't good enough to win the backup job behind Love.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Wilson probably isn't good enough to win the backup job behind Love.

Something has just got to give haha....GB is just straight up in a bad relationship with the Rodgers thing... plus Loves entire rookie contract down the drain?....i don't think I've ever seen that for a top 10 pick....and Rodgers has 1 ring and is a jerk

If your the Jets your having your #2 overall pick baking up Mike White? Even if they don't admit it, its just a toxic recipe

Make the trades

27 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Something has just got to give haha....GB is just straight up in a bad relationship with the Rodgers thing... plus Loves entire rookie contract down the drain?....i don't think I've ever seen that for a top 10 pick....and Rodgers has 1 ring and is a jerk

If your the Jets your having your #2 overall pick baking up Mike White? Even if they don't admit it, its just a toxic recipe

Make the trades

I think Love was selected in the 20s. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Honestly the Jets should be the odds on favorite here to pull a deal.  I do think they prefer to go AFC unless an NFC blows them away which seems unlikely.  Next I think Rodgers has leverage where he's not going somewhere he doesn't have an immediate chance to win which limits team there too.  The Jets just got his old OC, they have the capital to land him, they offer the best chance to win, and they have a regime running out of time.  They have a top defense and they offer a nice group of weapons ready to go.  Not really any other options that can say that.

I think a 2023 2nd, a 2024 1st, and a 2024 4th would get it done.  Honestly after that they should go full LAR a sell out for a ring in that 2-year window.  Back load deals, trade for an unhappy vet on the cheap, and go all in.  They could probably sure up a few weaknesses and have a true contender.  No point in getting Rodgers and then hoping for the best go all in.  

Don't get your hopes up my man. Rodgers is going to betray you.

3 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

Make the trades

Love wasn't a top 10 pick. He was drafted 26th.

22 hours ago, Daniel said:

I'll make it plainer, since yall don't seem to be picking up what I'm putting down.  2022 Aaron Rodgers is not an upgrade, or at least not a significant one, over Ryan Tannehill.  Tannehill was higher in YPA, QBR, rating, rush yards, rushing first downs, completion percentage, and they had the same TD to INT ratio.  Like the exact same.

Rodgers is also 5 years older, and had the worst season of his career at 40, which isn't a good sign for things to come.

Lastly, three teams traded for starting QBs last season: Indy, Washington, and Denver.  And every single one of those trades blew up in their faces.  Indy and Washington benched those guys, while Denver looks like they've set themselves back for years now.  Even the Super Bowl winning trade QB led his team to *checks notes* a 5-12 record.  Teams are going to be a lot more hesitant to trade for QBs this season than they were last year.

No, I get what you're throwing out there.  I think you're just selectively looking at stats to justify an argument.  For example, over the last 3 years Ryan Tanehill's ANY/A (my preferred QB stat) is 6.61.  Over those same 3 years, Aaron Rodgers is 7.61.  That's a night and day difference in QB production.  That's the same-ish gap between Joe Burrow and Marcus Mariota fwiw.  Let that sink in.  Unless you have something to believe in besides feelings to expect Rodgers to continue to play at the level he did this year, there's nothing to suggest that he can't/won't revert to his previous self.  We said the same thing the previous two years before his MVP seasons.

And you can talk about the QB trades blowing up last year.  Wentz wasn't very good for Indianapolis, and the Commanders still traded quite a bit for him.  The QB market isn't going to suddenly drop off.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:
21 hours ago, Daniel said:

Probably.  But nobody thinks the Titans are a QB away, haha.

So trotting out Ryan Tannehil is the solution?

No, but giving up assets for Aaron Rodgers isn’t the solution, either. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd imagine someone would gamble on him for a Day 3 pick.

He’s the perfect 6-7th round flier for a team without a quarterback hoping to tank. If he’s able to figure it out then great, but more likely he’s so bad he let’s you get your guy in 2024 after you go about 2-14 and you’re able to transparently lie to the league and your fan base about trying to put a winner on the field.