Saints to name Joe Woods as DC

RaidersAreOne

He just DM'd me that he was talking Grady Jarrett for a 4th. He honestly thought the Falcons would part with Grady Jarrett for a 4th? They were never looking to get rid of him. SMH. And if they were, they'd want a helluva lot more than a 4th.

Edited by scar988

1 hour ago, Kingram said:

As the secondary coach in Denver...Didn't the Broncos finish with the best passing defense in the league?

With the no fly zone in 2015-6, yes.  The issue is that the DB’s were all vets, and it was excellent in 2014.   So he just inherited it (with a fantastic pass rush).  Once Wade Phillips left and the core guys left - it fell apart.    No young DB’s really made progress in that time even when called upon.   

His work with SF in 2019 was ok.    The development of the CB in DEN while he was DC in 2017-18 and CLE in 2020-21 was suspect - obv the Q was how much being a DC prevented him from any DB development.    But that’s his area of experience. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

He just DM'd me that he was talking Grady Jarrett for a 4th. He honestly thought the Falcons would part with Grady Jarrett for a 4th? They were never looking to get rid of him. SMH. And if they were, they'd want a helluva lot more than a 4th.

You misunderstood there was more compensation of course I would have done the trade for a 4th

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

Just smile and nod when Mike talks to you.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

You misunderstood there was more compensation of course I would have done the trade for a 4th

Yeah, but the Falcons would have needed a helluva lot more compensation than a 4th. A 4th vastly undervalues Grady and the value he brings to a defense. smdh.

5 hours ago, SWATcha said:

By the sounds of it, this is a great hire. Anything that keeps this train wreck hauling flaming dumpsters headed for the drop off the cliff where the tracks end is ok with me.  #FireDennisAllen

You’ve gotta be the most pessimistic saints fan I’ve ever seen lol 

Dennis Allen put together a season comparable to Payton’s last year, and he did it with less talent available to him than Payton had in 2001. 

now he’s got a 1st round pick and potentially a high 2nd next year from Denver, the defense is strong despite losing player in FA and via trade, and they seem to enjoy playing for Allen 

So who are you bringing in at this point in the season that is a better option than Allen? And why are they better?