Investigation finds Broncos QB Russell Wilson's charity only distributes 24% of funds

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ein/273516574

990 here: https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/display_990/273516574/02_2021_prefixes_26-27%2F273516574_202006_990_2021021917731563

Overall efficiency is 94%. I don't have the data from it's hay-day post Hurricane Harvey but Watt was outspoken about how financial efficiency was critical to him. I have very little doubt that the numbers would be similar (perhaps slightly lower given the legitimate need for overhead given that he was having to manage $40MM worth of resources overnight in a disaster recovery situation, but that's understandable).

I misunderstood intent of your original post.  I thought you were saying Watt also was inefficient.

Good on him. 

Good deeds or works often go unnoticed. That’s fine.

You shouldn’t do them with that motivation anyway. 

• Like 2

Just now, dll2000 said:

I misunderstood intent of your original post.  I thought you were saying Watt also was inefficient.

Good on him. 

Good deeds or works often go unnoticed. That’s fine.

You shouldn’t do them with that motivation anyway. 

Oh sorry, the intent of the original post was to say that the people decrying the entire industry here are cherry picking, and there won't be anything but praise in the threads on the JJ Watt Foundation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ein/273516574

990 here: https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/display_990/273516574/02_2021_prefixes_26-27%2F273516574_202006_990_2021021917731563

Overall efficiency is 94%. I don't have the data from it's hay-day post Hurricane Harvey but Watt was outspoken about how financial efficiency was critical to him. I have very little doubt that the numbers would be similar (perhaps slightly lower given the legitimate need for overhead given that he was having to manage $40MM worth of resources overnight in a disaster recovery situation, but that's understandable).

Watching Watt during that time was awe inspiring. He'd switch from athlete to CEO to carpenter to home builder to soup server - he was absolutely everything a city in the midst of a disaster, he was a real life Captain America every single day.

No joke, he legit saved lives. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Goodwill is the best charity I’ve ever donated too. They actually use that money and spend it well. F these rich people man. They use it as tax write offs. Common practice.

I like Goodwill, but they have some super high earners in their CEO/executive realms in their own right. The Salvation Army higher ups are generally a bit "better" on that end in my opinion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

It’s too easy to say all charitable foundations work this way, they don’t. Dak Prescott’s foundations gives 93c for every dollar. Wilson’s is about the worst example you can find.

Exactly. Anyone using something like this to say "this is why I don't donate to charity" is full of it. It's not that hard to find good charities that need help. You just don't want to. 

16 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

You can kind of justify it better if a decent percentage of their employees are veterans. Their CEO makes $385,000, which is next to nothing for a company CEO

It is, but for what they actually do (in my experience working with them, can't speak for everyone) it's a giant scam someone is getting paid $385,000 for. 

Again, could have just been a bad group I've dealt with, but I was often left thinking "What, exactly, are you achieving that the VA, USO, and some of the other organizations out there aren't? I see a ton of cross-contamination, but very little actual work product coming from you aside from capitalizing on a name and a rally around the flag approach." 

Local VFW's (again, my experience only) do heck of a lot better job at what WW claims to do, and they're not paying people really anything more than a free hot dog and a koozie. 

Edited by ronjon1990

34 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

It is, but for what they actually do (in my experience working with them, can't speak for everyone) it's a giant scam someone is getting paid $385,000 for. 

Again, could have just been a bad group I've dealt with, but I was often left thinking "What, exactly, are you achieving that the VA, USO, and some of the other organizations out there aren't? I see a ton of cross-contamination, but very little actual work product coming from you aside from capitalizing on a name and a rally around the flag approach." 

Local VFW's (again, my experience only) do heck of a lot better job at what WW claims to do, and they're not paying people really anything more than a free hot dog and a koozie. 

Lol, touché 

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Watching Watt during that time was awe inspiring. He'd switch from athlete to CEO to carpenter to home builder to soup server - he was absolutely everything a city in the midst of a disaster, he was a real life Captain America every single day.

No joke, he legit saved lives. 

From yesterday.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well just the obvious, with Hue Jackson's initials being HJ and the logo showing,,,well you know. Pretty sure whoever designed the logo did it as a joke and when it was accepted they just thought; lets see what happens.

You could say that the artist did quite the job.

Csi Miami Sunglasses GIF

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1