Official 2023 MLB Gameday Thread

Herbie_Hancock

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

The Orioles have never not been swept in the playoffs since Adley Rutschman was called up to the majors

Honestly, I kinda figured that was going to happen once I saw Texas easily dispatch Tampa Bay.  By the third inning last night, their BABIP was .583.  Those bats were just too hot, and our team too inexperienced.  Lots of folks criticizing Brandon Hyde today.  In my opinion, the only thing he did wrong was starting Kremer over Gibson yesterday.  

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Honestly, I kinda figured that was going to happen once I saw Texas easily dispatch Tampa Bay.  By the third inning last night, their BABIP was .583.  Those bats were just too hot, and our team too inexperienced.  Lots of folks criticizing Brandon Hyde today.  In my opinion, the only thing he did wrong was starting Kremer over Gibson yesterday.  

Before the playoffs, I was talking to my buddy who is a big O's fan. I told him I wouldn't be surprised to see an early exit a la the 2012 Nats - too big too early - but at least it should spring board the team to go out and finish out the roster. Hopefully the O's spend a little to do that.