Who is a player on your team that you believe the team is higher on than the perception of them is?

scar988

Who is a player on your team that you believe the team is higher on than the perception of them is?

For example, the Carolina Panthers love Brian Burns and everyone knows Brian Burns is great. But they also might really love Yetur Gross-Matos, but the perception of Gross-Matos outside of Carolina is that he's just a guy.

Bears have Sam Mustipher.

He's not good, like at all, but they let him walk into TC as the starting center and tried to have Patrick challenge Jenkins for the RG spot. Dude cannot anchor at all and was constantly in Fields' lap. He might get walked back faster than Fields can drop back.

Player....I dont know, maybe someone on our OL, but our OL is progressing, despite many viewing it as a terrible unit.   2nd half of the season it was definitely top half of the league.

Not a player, but Matt Canada fits this.   Numerous better OC's got fired, but somehow, this incompetent sack of **** still has a job.    I would be willing to give him somewhat of a pass due to talent issues if he showed any remotely decent attributes of a good OC, but he hasnt.    Dog **** playcaller who doesn't understand how to attack opposing defenses, and only has a job because we finished the season strong and the front office fears change.

13 hours ago, 43M said:

Player....I dont know, maybe someone on our OL, but our OL is progressing, despite many viewing it as a terrible unit.   2nd half of the season it was definitely top half of the league.

Not a player, but Matt Canada fits this.   Numerous better OC's got fired, but somehow, this incompetent sack of **** still has a job.    I would be willing to give him somewhat of a pass due to talent issues if he showed any remotely decent attributes of a good OC, but he hasnt.    Dog **** playcaller who doesn't understand how to attack opposing defenses, and only has a job because we finished the season strong and the front office fears change.

Based on what's being talked about in the Steelers sub - I think Terrell Edmunds is the easy answer from a player perspective.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Everyone we draft

I couldn't think of 1 player on the Browns that is getting PT that really shouldn't. I would have said JJIII, but we had nobody better. I would have said Schwartz, but we have no other deep threat/jet/bubble guy to take his place.

I feel like we played the right guys last year. Some of them sucked, but not at the behest of some other possible stud on the roster.

• Like 1