Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

So this pretty much does it for the thread, right?  There’s not a thing anyone can say to argue for this. 

I think @ET80 laid it out pretty clearly. He wants more guaranteed money than any player in NFL history. That's hilariously delusional given that the only contract that has that much money was fully guaranteed...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think @ET80 laid it out pretty clearly. He wants more guaranteed money than any player in NFL history. That's hilariously delusional given that the only contract that has that much money was fully guaranteed...

do it jewish GIF

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Turns out agents are there for a reason. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

10 years $240mil GTD, $300mil overall lol.

This is why it’s stupid though - The 3/$133mil up to $175mil without injury is better than what Watson got on AAV IIRC.  So having no agent hurt him in that understanding.  Plus being only 26, that gives him reasonable power to negotiate another contract right before he hits the QB prime years of early-30’s without the long term tie, and maybe get another $200mil GTD over 3 years.

Edited by warfelg
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

It’s not FULLY guaranteed, silly. Just give me more guaranteed money than anyone in history… and then, you can give me some non guaranteed money, too!

I remember getting flamed in the Ravens forum earlier this offseason when I said it was clear based on all available comments from the FO and beat reporters at that time that Lamar was being unreasonable in his demands and he was the one who was clearly unwilling to compromise. Was met with a lot of “you don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors! no real legit info is even out yet about what he wants!”, and a bunch of “if you’re not going to specifically define in exact dollar amounts what unreasonable and unwilling to compromise means, stop talking!!”

Good times. Think this clears all that up.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I remember getting flamed in the Ravens forum earlier this offseason when I said it was clear based on all available comments from the FO and beat reporters at that time that Lamar was being unreasonable in his demands and he was the one who was clearly unwilling to compromise. Was met with a lot of “you don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors! no real legit info is even out yet about what he wants!”, and a bunch of “if you’re not going to specifically define in exact dollar amounts what unreasonable and unwilling to compromise means, stop talking!!”

Good times. Think this clears all that up.

As a Browns fan, it's been incredibly enjoyable reading through that Lamar thread in the Ravens forum.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DawgX said:

As a Browns fan, it's been incredibly enjoyable reading through that Lamar thread in the Ravens forum.

The fan engagement in contract negotiations is ridiculous. There are no wins and losses with money that isn't yours. Why do we care if the 100-millionaire or the single digit billionaire wins the financial battle here?

Only thing that will end up mattering is if Lamar is playing for the Ravens week 1.

Edited by wackywabbit

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

The fan engagement in contract negotiations is ridiculous. There are no wins and losses with money that isn't yours. Why do we care if the 100-millionaire or the single digit billionaire wins the financial battle here?

Only thing that will end up mattering is if Lamar is playing for the Ravens week 1.

I mean as fans we want our players paid but not at the expense of winning either

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I wholeheartedly agree. Give him that “non” fully guaranteed contract and let’s call it a day. Tie him up as long as possible and keep that humble dude around as long as you can. As a Browns fan let me tell you I’m very fearful of you giving his mom that “non” fully guaranteed contract. I’ll tell you what,I’m shaking currently.