Aaron Rodgers intends to play for the Jets

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC with the way DA's contract is structured we'd have to trade him by the 17th or we'd eat an insane amount of dead money.

IMO he'll be wasted with Jimmy G so I hope he can get traded to NYJ to reunite with Rodgers, or at least to the Saints if that's possible.

Just now, NudeTayne said:

IMO he'll be wasted with Jimmy G so I hope he can get traded to NYJ to reunite with Rodgers, or at least to the Saints if that's possible.

I think we'll still do a good job of getting him the ball. Carr almost set the record for in-completions targeting one player with Adams last year, lol.

1 minute ago, WheatieMan said:

How did 11 million in cap room become 110 million? The Jets can't do anything else once Rogers is there.

Depends on how much of his cap hit the Packers end up paying this year.  Thats another part of the compensation discussion.

33 minutes ago, General Tso said:

The same NY media that will be roasting the Jets after hearing all this pre-trade drama?

This is why the media isn't the GM, you don't let public opinion build your team.

The same media (especially sports talk) who doesn't actually care about delivering the whole truth, it's about what drives the most engagement because it's the engagement and the audience that are their real product - because they make their money off of ad sales; we're not talking subscription TV and radio here.

Public opinion still has a pretty massive effect on earning ability and revenue; quibbling over a 2nd round pick versus a 3rd or a 4th when the real difference is getting the most important player on your team (the QB) into camp and into the team is asinine management... period.  It's actually pretty indefensible.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's so funny everyone hates Rodgers likely for one reason and don't even remember that's why they hate him now. LOL

F it, I'll root for the Jets next year.

I think most have hated him for multiple reasons for several years and during a certain a pandemic he did himself no favors.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Depends on how much of his cap hit the Packers end up paying this year.  Thats another part of the compensation discussion.

So they want to remove base salary this year? Was this a similar situation to the Stafford situation? If so, the compensation should be similar.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's so funny everyone hates Rodgers likely for one reason and don't even remember that's why they hate him now. LOL

F it, I'll root for the Jets next year.

Hey Rodgers can annoy you for being loud and dramatic.... but it damn sure is entertaining. I'll be rooting for him and for a lot more fun going forward.

Just now, WheatieMan said:

So they want to remove base salary this year? Was this a similar situation to the Stafford situation? If so, the compensation should be similar.

His cap hit is 60 mil this year i believe.

Im sure the Jets want GB to pay a lot of it.

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

I think most have hated him for multiple reasons for several years and during a certain a pandemic he did himself no favors.

By misleading the media but not his teammates or the league? How awful!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

The same media (especially sports talk) who doesn't actually care about delivering the whole truth, it's about what drives the most engagement because it's the engagement and the audience that are their real product - because they make their money off of ad sales; we're not talking subscription TV and radio here.

Public opinion still has a pretty massive effect on earning ability and revenue; quibbling over a 2nd round pick versus a 3rd or a 4th when the real difference is getting the most important player on your team (the QB) into camp and into the team is asinine management... period.  It's actually pretty indefensible.

Pretty sure you're not a Pack fan, so not sure why you're arguing for this. The Jets are top 10 in franchise valuation, I think they're fine on the earning ability and revenue.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

His cap hit is 60 mil this year i believe.

Im sure the Jets want GB to pay a lot of it.

The bonus money may be able to be spread out over two years, so they could split the cap hit there and then pay much of the remaining base this year, and accumulate picks #13 and a conditional 1st next year perhaps.

Edited by WheatieMan