2.42 - Luke Musgrave [TE; Oregon State]

CWood21

21 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Kincaid falls at the first sign of contact too but I don't see anyone bitching about that with him.

Lol what? You're clueless. Kincaid is way better and the NFL agreed. He's very physical with the ball in his hands and has way more wiggle. 

Edited by PackFan13

11 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I know it’s a common error, but it bothers me how widely the mistake of “could care less” is used. It essentially has the opposite meaning, like saying IGAF when you intend to say IDGAF. 

IDC about any of this, but just to be a ****, Merriam Webster considers both correct and I point that out any time someone on the internet gets mad about it lol

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/could-couldnt-care-less

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

IDC about any of this, but just to be a ****, Merriam Webster considers both correct and I point that out any time someone on the internet gets mad about it lol

Could care less means there is a degree of caring.  Couldn’t care less doesn’t roll of the tongue as nicely but makes a whole lot more sense when you are trying to say you do not care at all.  M&W have grown soft. Language means whatever we say it means but if something objectively conveys the opposite meaning, it should be objectively wrong. 

Edited by Refugee

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

Also Humpty Dumpty:

“When I use a word,” said Humpty Dumpty, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

Could care less means there is a degree of caring.  Couldn’t care less doesn’t roll of the tongue as nicely but makes a whole lot more sense. M&W have grown soft. Language means whatever we say it means but if something objectively conveys the opposite meaning, it should be objectively wrong. 

Doesn't the person saying the phrase get to choose how much they care?

If I say I could care less, it might actually I am not at the very bottom of my spectrum of capacity to care.  Whereas couldn't care less means I have reached that bottom.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

For real though, a strong breeze knocks this dude over and he's giant. I said it before we picked him. 

Freaky athlete though, be interesting to see play out.

We’ve seen several times in the “throw picks at a position of need” approach, that the first in the flurry isn’t always the best. Aaron Jones and MVS come to mind. I root for Musgrave, but Kraft seems to come with the prerequisite nasty. If Musgrave gets as good as pre-injury Tonyan that’d be fine. 

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Doesn't the person saying the phrase get to choose how much they care?

If I say I could care less, it might actually I am not at the very bottom of my spectrum of capacity to care.  Whereas couldn't care less means I have reached that bottom.

Sure, but if we’re being realistic, the phrase is used to say you absolutely don’t care. Like saying IGAF about where a guy went to school, when IDGAF is what you actually mean to say.  Anyway, I don’t let it crumble me into dust. There are a lot of things that require more energy but it’s not really a debate for me as to whether it’s correct usage.

Muskgrave would agree.  IDGAF where he went to school and couldn’t care less that he’s a dumb jock, the man possesses a fine command of the queen’s English. 

Edited by Refugee

5 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

We’ve seen several times in the “throw picks at a position of need” approach, that the first in the flurry isn’t always the best. Aaron Jones and MVS come to mind. I root for Musgrave, but Kraft seems to come with the prerequisite nasty. If Musgrave gets as good as pre-injury Tonyan that’d be fine. 

I have the same feeling that Kraft might get ahead of Musgrave early.  Competition should be fun to watch