2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

Just now, pgwingman said:

Sorry I thought the link would preview automatically. His list is Taliese Fuaga, Graham Barton, Troy Fautanu, Dominick Puni

Just change "x.com" to "twitter.com" in the URL

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Don't have a problem taking a tweener, but don't want that in round one.  Round two or three .. fine.

Getting a tackle and using him as a guard is not some compromise tweener, it IS about getting guys with superior movement skills at guard.

Look at Graham Barton and Cooper Beebe. Both very good players, both have a similar draft value, but I'm betting if the Packers had the choice between the two, they would take Barton before Beebe because of the value they place on college tackles playing guard. That doesn't even take into account that Barton could survive at any position along the line, which is a very, very valuable asset to have.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 5

Yup.  Fautanu.  6'4'' 317 pounds.  He looked small in the championship game because the guard next to him was 6'7''.

But that kid has great balance, power and feet.  I actually like him at tackle.  I also feel like with those feet, he could flat out dominate inside at guard.  IMO, he would maul the second level of the defense.

• Like 1

From all reports the hands down best DB at the Shrine Bowl on day 1 of practice. Popped when I was watching Bucky Irving tape, wrote his name down. Reminds me of...Darnell Savage. Over the last 5 drafts my top graded safeties are Jevon Holland and Darnell Savage, I have a type, thanks Nick Collins.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

From all reports the hands down best DB at the Shrine Bowl on day 1 of practice. Popped when I was watching Bucky Irving tape, wrote his name down. Reminds me of...Darnell Savage. Over the last 5 drafts my top graded safeties are Jevon Holland and Darnell Savage, I have a type, thanks Nick Collins.

The guy comes with a great nic: DTD 👍

Absolute best case scenario:

Edge Dallas Turner, FS Kameron Kinchens, G/C Jackson Powers-Johnson,  CB Josh Newton, LB Payton Wilson, S Cole Bishop, P Tory Taylor, CB Jerrian Jones, TE Erick All, DL Jordan Jefferson, K Josh Karty

So, please.

12 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Absolute best case scenario:

Edge Dallas Turner, FS Kameron Kinchens, G/C Jackson Powers-Johnson,  CB Josh Newton, LB Payton Wilson, S Cole Bishop, P Tory Taylor, CB Jerrian Jones, TE Erick All, DL Jordan Jefferson, K Josh Karty

So, please.

I loved watching Payton Wilson highlights...nitro-fueled motor...4.5 speed. Though I hope his lean frame holds up from how he plays. 

31 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

I loved watching Payton Wilson highlights...nitro-fueled motor...4.5 speed. Though I hope his lean frame holds up from how he plays. 

Low number of missed tackles and size over the class got me.