Saints sign C Billy Price

TheKillerNacho

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/15/saints-sign-billy-price/

Price has been considered a bust thus far after being drafted 21st overall by the Bengals in 2018. Having stints on the Giants and Cardinals after his tenure in Cincinnati, the Saints hope he can at least be a capable backup or rotational lineman, as he does have the experience of 45 career starts.

If I was the Saints I think if McCoy went down I'd put Ruiz back at center because I think he was a real center prospect and hasn't lived up to expectations at guard. Maybe I'm wrong though. I guess he has a chance to earn a roster spot, but I doubt he has a real shot at finding playing time because he's been really bad in his career so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

If I was the Saints I think if McCoy went down I'd put Ruiz back at center because I think he was a real center prospect and hasn't lived up to expectations at guard. Maybe I'm wrong though. I guess he has a chance to earn a roster spot, but I doubt he has a real shot at finding playing time because he's been really bad in his career so far.

Ruiz was arguably our best lineman last year at RG. He improved a lot training with Jahri Evans and spending a full offseason practicing at one position.

Edit: Ramczyk and McCoy did both have down years and that contributed to Ruiz looking like our best lineman last year, but he was good and really took a big step forward finally.  

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Duluther said:

Let’s see if he can turn it around.

Worst player on the Cardinals OL last year. Keep in mind that they had ONE healthy starter on the OL for a decent chunk of the season. Price was the worst of the backups, and every time he was on the field you knew Kyler or Colt or Trace or David would be running for their lives. 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

How was he a first round pick??

Probably looked better on film than he really was because he was on a super talented team.  IIRC he was considered a reach at the time.  He was projected on Day 2 pretty much everywhere.

• Like 1

I hate this thread.. lol

What a terrible pick for the Bengals. Only thing that ever came out of it was we traded him to the Giants for BJ Hill who has been a really  good part of the d-line rotation for the Bengals.

As for him for the Saints, I would be surprised if he turned it around.  Good Luck though

18 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/15/saints-sign-billy-price/

Price has been considered a bust thus far after being drafted 21st overall by the Bengals in 2018. Having stints on the Giants and Cardinals after his tenure in Cincinnati, the Saints hope he can at least be a capable backup or rotational lineman, as he does have the experience of 45 career starts.

He's fighting for a roster spot on the Saints. It's easy to call him a straight up bust. He was never worth No. 21 overall.